I DID IT!!!!

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
I just completed my first 5k. I really focused on pacing myself, I kind of went a little too fast when my app said I was at the halfway point. When I had .4 mile left my legs were aching. I told myself, finish strong, you've worked hard for this. When I was at .2 I was like, OMG, why are you doing this to yourself, then I told myself to shut up, because I loved this. Then a Maroon 5 song came on my iPod and I thought about Adam Levine's eyes and when I woke up from that daydream I saw the clock in front of me and I ran like I was being chased.

Here are my results;

1747/3598 finishers overall 71/248 division 876/2254 females 33:47 time 10:54 pace

I started C25k on August 24, I cannot believe I've come this far.

Edited to add; it was a Halloween 5k and my profile pic is my costume, I was road kill.

I started C25k 7 times in the past 3 years before it finally clicked this time. If I can do it, anyone can do it. It's so worth it.

Replies

• l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    YAY CONGRATS!!!!:drinker:
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Brilliant time too :bigsmile:
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's awesome! And a really good finish time too!
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Awesome time! Love the road kill costume!!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Well done Cheryl!! :) Good pace there too
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it! I hope that I'll have a similar story for New Years Day!
    Keep inspiring me and I LOVE the costume!
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    congrats!!! THAT IS SOME FANTASTIC WORK AND A TERRIFIC TIME!!!!
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, congratulations! I totally thought of Adam Levine to get through my run segment last night too. Whatever works! Love your costume idea.