Wed 23 Oct

Options
chani8
chani8 Posts: 946 Member
Ok, lets get this day off to a good start!

ShirleyJoyner inspired me to do a set of counter pushups!

I'll shoot for 100 pushups total. It's a good day to do a chest workout!

Replies

• simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Just got in to work.. nobody here.. Will start my 1000 push ups.. I always start with 10 sets of 10...That sounds easy
    but its actually harder than doing 50 straight push ups 2 x.
    7:25 300 push ups..
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    @chani8 and @simsburyjet You guys put me to shame.

Just did 25 squats and 25 twists. More later, maybe in the bathroom. Sharing my office with people today.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Dead tired - went to my school clinical before my regular job after being up too late last night. Enough Debbie Downer - I'll start the morning easy and going to do a few sets of stairs. Will try to do 20 squats at the top and bottom floors! Headddddddding Now... then more coffee...
  • simsburyjet
    Options

Just did 25 squats and 25 twists. More later, maybe in the bathroom. Sharing my office with people today.

your doing more than 99 percent of the people.. Most of them here are drinking coffee and eating
  • chani8
    Options
    Did it!! 40 counter pushups and 60 grannies. I'm still hoping to get a full chest workout this evening.

My other goal is to not have more than two cups of coffee today. So far, so good, but it's getting really hard to hold back. I think I'll go make some nice herbal tea now.
  • cuinboston2014
    Options
    Did it!! 40 counter pushups and 60 grannies. I'm still hoping to get a full chest workout this evening.

My other goal is to not have more than two cups of coffee today. So far, so good, but it's getting really hard to hold back. I think I'll go make some nice herbal tea now.

What are grannies?
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Y'all all put me to shame. I am surrounded by people and don't think I could do a pushup if I tried. I'm going to sit on my Ball today instead of my chair and do crunches when nobody's looking. More later...
  • chani8
    Options

What are grannies?

By grannies I meant 'granny push ups'. I get down on my knees for the push up. I can only do one or two real pushups so far.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options

your doing more than 99 percent of the people.. Most of them here are drinking coffee and eating

Coffee is amazing..........you shush. I drink it black of course.

25 squats into a 1 minute squat hold with punches
  • chani8
    Options
    105 steps with 7 kilo backpack. 20 squats with backpack on.
  • simsburyjet
    Options
    105 steps with 7 kilo backpack. 20 squats with backpack on.
    Nice job everyone on this site
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    First office workout of the day - 5 min cardio warmup, 60 sec plank, 50 bridges (w/ backpack full of technical manuals for added weight - approx 20 lbs), 100 side leg lifts (standing - 50 ea leg)
  • chani8
    Options
    First office workout of the day - 5 min cardio warmup, 60 sec plank, 50 bridges (w/ backpack full of technical manuals for added weight - approx 20 lbs), 100 side leg lifts (standing - 50 ea leg)

Woo hoo!! Awesome!! Had to laugh at the backpack. Mine just has a bag of sand! ;)
  • HollisGrant
    Options
    Doing good, everybody.

Knocked out a few more:

20 squats
    15 granny push ups
  • cuinboston2014
    Options
    You guys are all inspirational. So glad I joined.

At 9:30 (so like 20 minutes ago) I did 50 leg raises each leg. Would not have thought of this on my own! And 50 calf raises.

I got my coworker to do it with me and the guy in the next row to laugh at me :)
  • cuinboston2014
    Options
    Can I ask where you guys are doing your grannies? I'm trying to think creatively
  • simsburyjet
    Options
    I do my push ups in conference room or we have a huge single bathroom that I keep towels in.
    We call the bathroom the gym.
  • HollisGrant
    Options
    Can I ask where you guys are doing your grannies? I'm trying to think creatively

On the carpet in my office. Nobody else is around for now.
  • airant
    airant Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Started work @ 7:00
    8:00 10min walk
    9:00 20 Squats n 10 push up
    10:00 5 min walk 20 squats 10p.ups
    11:00 30 squats 10p. ups
  • HollisGrant
    Options
    went down to the kitchen to microwave my lunch (a healthy lunch that I brought!)

20 squats
    20 trunk twists
    20 touched toes