New

Options
StarPanic85
StarPanic85 Posts: 45 Member
I am new here. I was just diagnosed today with Hypothyroidism. I was prescribed Levo 50mcg. I have to go back in 6 weeks to see how my levels are. I have been obese all my life. Hoping I can loose weight soon.

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    For some people it works well right away. For others it is a slow and painful process. I wish you the best.
  • lyssAb2007
    lyssAb2007 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am also on Levo 100mcg. Make sure you take your medicine every single day or you could end up having a lot more problems. I was diagnosed when I was 12 (12 years ago) and when I was 18 I stopped taking my meds, thinking I was fine and gained 65lbs. Now I'm 125 lbs overweight and its been a struggle. Just keep taking the meds and you should be good to go :) good luck with your weight loss journey! Wishing you all the best! :)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Wow Alyssa, that really sucks. I gained a ton of weight before I was diagnosed. My male Dr. just kept blowing off my complaints so I changed Dr.'s. I have never stopped mine on purpose. My assumption was that if you didn't take them you just slowed down till you die.
  • tracy_phillips2002
    Options
    Something that I learned that I am not sure if all of you know. You should take your thyroid medication one hour before you eat. It does not work right otherwise
  • shena_jones86
    Options
    Hi I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I am about to start taking levothyroxine 50mcg, I have other health issues such as diabetes and high blood pressure which my doctors have always told me if I lose weight that these problems would probably go away, thing is I cant seem to lose the weight, im wondering if any of you have some of the other heath issues that I do and have this hypothyroidism as well...any tips or advice or even information would be greatly appreciated.