Just joined this group

Options
dcnpaul
dcnpaul Posts: 21 Member
I am new to this group and don't really know how to get around - I have been on a diet for about a year. I began my weight at 243 and have been little by little taking it off. Hit a wall at 225 and for 2 months have not been able to go lower. Found Fitness pal and I am back to loosing slowly. I am hoping that I can get to 200 but it seems really hard!

Replies

• gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Welcome, dcnpaul. This is a very good group of people who are encouraging and supportive. We also have a chat page and a challenge page which is mostly to keep us moving and not usually too much of a challenge. LOL

Hope to see more of you here as you continue on this journey.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi dcnpaul, you are in the right place to get encouragement. It is a rough road to lose weight, but it can be done. Go to the forums and read some of the success stories. Very inspiring. As gramanana said, we do have the chat group and the challenges. Please feel free to join in. Good luck on your journey, whatever you do DO NOT GIVE UP! Remember, you are doing this for YOU.
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you dcnpaul, you've definitely come to the right place, the support and encouragement from everyone is just Great, I myself, learned of this site from an employee of mine, so I decided to look into it, and I have nothing but praise for the site, I could have never lost over 80 lbs, without the tremendous support I have received. I joined MFP in Jan. 2013 and have lost over 80 lbs, I have to say it came off so easy for me, can't say I ever was hungry, finding lower calorie and healthier foods is a challenge, but very rewarding in the end of your weight loss journey. The Best of Luck with Your weight loss journey!!! Feel free to add me as a Friend.....
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this very friendly and supportive group......... just stay positive and remember you are doing this for yourself, for your health and your happiness...... good luck - you can do it! :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this friendly and supportive group. All the best on your Journey.
  • dcnpaul
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Right now all I know how to do is record my calories and exercise. How do I find the right food to eat and how do I invite members to be friends?
  • dcnpaul
    Options
    Gramanana,
    Thanks for the encouraging words. It will take me time to learn how to work this website - and I am excited to be here. Hope you are doing well in your health and weight!
    DcnPaul
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Right now all I know how to do is record my calories and exercise. How do I find the right food to eat and how do I invite members to be friends?

Welcome. To invite someone to be a friend click on the drop down menu under their avatar(picture). Choose profile. It will take you to their intro page and there you can find the button to friend request. They will respond. You can also send them a private message and let them know that you are requesting them.

About food ???? I try to eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits. Nothing is a bad food to me but they have to fit within my daily calories and I try and keep my sodium low. You can hang out in the food and nutrition or recipe forum for ideas from others. When I started this I wanted to be able to keep this up for the rest of my life. That is why I am not on any "diet" per se. I wish you the best in your work to be healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group you ahev come to the right place
  • blpnana
    blpnana Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to friend me if you like as I'm on the same journey toward some weight loss and better health. This site is wonderful. The food database is huge, the people are supportive and you can track individual nutrients that you're concerned about like sodium, cholesterol, potassium, etc. We can do this!!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options

On the website, go to Community, message boards, and go into the success stories. Find the stories of those who are similar to yourself age, goals etc, and read their diaries, friend them as well if they don't have a public diary. Not all will accept more friends so don't take it personally, it is hard to manage a large group of friends, so many of us limit our friends. Reading the diaries of those who are successful will give you a good idea of what to eat to be successful. I noticed someone else has addresses your question about making friends, so I won't repeat that info here.

Or read the posts from this page it is a group's page but anyone can read you can't post replies until you join the group and anyone can join.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
    This is the best information I have found on MFP.

Log everything even if you have a bad day you can see where you took your misstep, be honest with yourself so you can learn from your mistakes. I also recommend you get a scale for measuring most will let you switch from oz. to gr. at the push of a button these days. And a good set of measuring cups and spoons will aid you in your accuracy.

Remember you are human you won't have 100% perfect days very day, just aim for them and hit the target when you can :wink:

Good luck to you and add me as a friend if you wish.