Weigh In

Options
luluinca
luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
So I like to weigh myself every Wednesday. Occasionally, I weigh myself in between just to make sure I'm not screwing up in some way, but generally all I see is a number that reflects a normal fluctuation and so I'm usually disappointed, even though I know better. But on Wed, I've been to the gym three days in a row, eaten only about 100 to 200 of my calories burned back every day and feel pretty good about myself.

Last week, now that I've weighed myself this morning, I lost one more pound. Next week I should, if all goes well, get below the 220 mark. Slow going but I'm actually enjoying myself so what the hell, might as well keep going.

Next week I'll have my trainer measure me again and we'll see if I've lost as many inches as I think I have. I'm starting an exercise class tomorrow night (twice a week for four weeks) so maybe next week I'll weight two pounds less.............haha

When do the rest of you weight in and how often?

EDIT: I'm also practicing run-on sentences, that first one's a doozy.

Replies

• Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Way to go! A pound gone is still a pound gone! And your consistency at the gym is awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Thanks. Since we're looking at 10 pound increments here...........................ONE DOWN!!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options

Two pounds down since joining group. 8 to go till first 10! That will put me at 30 pounds lost total.
  • HiImJayme
    HiImJayme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Wednesdays, too. I was down 2lbs this morning. So, 32lbs total and 2 since joining the group. Congrats on your loss :)
  • luluinca
    Options
    Fantastic both of you. I'm jealous but I'll take every pound I can get. I'll catch you both next week, not that it's a contest or anything....haha

At 63, I'm pretty sedentary with my desk job but changing that now with a gym membership and a trainer. I'm pretty sure it will pay off eventually. I'm doing the dreaded 1200 calorie intake and eating back about 150 to 200 calories on days I swim and do other cardio, hopefully that's okay. I keep reading about eating more but I don't think that would work for me at my age and level of exercise.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Lulu-

Lol re run on sentences. ????

And your pound is AMAZING!!! Great job!!!!

And no, not a contest to the first 10 -

Unless you WANT it to be...

*throws down gauntlet...*

????
  • NettiH
    NettiH Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone! 1 or 2 out of 10 is a lot :)

I discovered that my scale is totally wonky, so I get on it occasionally to give myself a general idea of how I'm doing, but don't record my weight. I record my weight when I go to the doctor - she welcomed to me to make appointments just for weigh ins if I want! But I need to see her every 2 or 3 months, anyway, so that is what I've been doing. Do you all think that is often enough?

luluinca, I am really impressed by your dedication at the gym!
  • luluinca
    Options
    "*throws down gauntlet...*"

Hahaha....................It'll be interesting to see who gets there first, but I highly doubt it will be me. I'm going to take a picture of myself in gym clothes tomorrow........................Oh NO! That way everyone will know I'm not cheating. Those of us who stick around for the fifty will be here for quite awhile I think. By then I hope to have new gym clothes. :)

Netti, I love the gym for the pool..............the rest I tolerate. I found a great trainer though who is a PT also and she's helping me figure out what I can and can't do with a bad back. Some of it I already knew the rest is eye opening. I had no idea that at 63 I could do as much as she has me doing...............so I am enjoying it I guess.

Good luck everyone!
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am 1 pound away from the ten group and I weigh myself every day I am compulsive but it doesn't drive me nuts I like to see how the numbers fluctuate and go down:). Plus every time I stopped doing this I gained a substantial amount of weight. I
    Think I need the reminder to keep me on track. I just record my weights on Fridays before the weekend. I am usually at my lightest on Fridays from all the hard work I did during the week.
  • CKendell79
    CKendell79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Weigh day Wednesday here too!!! 160 on the scale this am. Was a little worried this week too bc I saw some fluctuation on my sneak cheat. Down 12 since joining. Almost done phase one of body revolution. Seeing small differences :).
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    I weigh everyday just to see how my weight fluctuates although I only record Mondays and Fridays as I tend to sweat it out on weekdays and take a cheat day on the weekends.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Whatever you're doing fierydeluge sure looks like it's working for you. I look forward to those kinds of changes in myself.

I spent most of my life being 25 or 30 pounds overweight and pretty active physically. A little over six years ago I hurt my back pretty bad and I've been babying is for all this time. Consequently, I packed on another 40 pounds. It happened so gradually I didn't really even notice. Finally this summer I decided I'd had enough and began swimming in our pool every day and voila....I'm now going to the gym five days a week, swimming, taking classes, doing strength training with a trainer . I'm definitely getting stronger and even having less pain. I'll take that and the weight loss.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Another Wed weigher here too :) I tend to step on the scale every morning to keep myself in check. I know it can fluctuate quite a bit 1 to 2 a day for me, so I don't stress unless it consistently goes up! I was down 1 lb this week too, 9 more to the first 10lb loss!

Keep up the great work everyone!