Orange Team Week 2

Options
BMP9713
BMP9713 Posts: 107 Member
Hey orange team!!! This is where I will post the challenge and also where I want you to post your goals for this week. My goal for this week is to lose 3 lbs. what is your goal?

Replies

• mentalmunchie
    mentalmunchie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are to run more with my dog and to beat my previous 5k time this weekend at the race I'm running in.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    goal for the week is more water and to exercise 4 times this week
  • kaylikee
    kaylikee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to drink more water. and though to some it may not relate, another goal is to read the Bible more . I had my phone on YouTube while eating lunch with my son today and I was thinking about my dieting. I played a song I hadn't listened to for a while and it made me weep. it's about doing it all yourself and then realizing God is your strength and will help you through. there was another song too. I'm going to post them in my profile as soon as I can find the words and time ti put them on. so more water and more God time are my goals this week
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is the same as last week. To lose at least 2.01 lbs. I want to see Onederland so bad.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Awesome goals you all.

My goal for this week is to work out 4 times for at least 30 mins. I have been slacking off real bad. No more excuses. Hopefully, I will see some movement on the scale.

I have successfully taken on drinking my 8 glasses of water, which is one healthy habit.

Have a great week. Go Orange!!!
  • BMP9713
    Options
    Awesome goals everyone!!
  • BMP9713
    Options
    Ok everyone the challenge has been posted please go to the official week 2 thread the challenge and biggest loser for each team are listed there. I would like to congratulate mentalmunchie for being our teams biggest loser this week! Way to go!!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    My Team Orange Goal for the Week: Burn 4000 Cals

BL Water Challenge: Weight 217.8, Will have to drink 108.9 ounces of water

BL Physical Challenge: I'm going to try to do this 2-3 times this week...I :heart: this idea!

Congrats mentalmunchie!!! :drinker: (water)

Let's kick butt this week Team Orange! :bigsmile:
  • dillyg08
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats mentalmunchie:flowerforyou:

Challenge 1: Will check back in once completed

Challenge 2: Water challenge – Half my body weight of water is 93oz. (186/2).

:heart: Love these challenges. I'm already training myself to take in 64oz of water, I just have to bump it up one of these days.
  • dillyg08
    Options
    My Team Orange Goal for the Week: Burn 4000 Cals

BL Water Challenge: Weight 217.8, Will have to drink 108.9 ounces of water

BL Physical Challenge: I'm going to try to do this 2-3 times this week...I :heart: this idea!

Congrats mentalmunchie!!! :drinker: (water)

Let's kick butt this week Team Orange! :bigsmile:

You're allowed to divide yours by 3.
  • kerosenekisses463
    kerosenekisses463 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HEY TEAM! I'm excited to get started on week 2!

:happy: Firstly, congrats to our team BL this week, mentalmunchie! :happy:

THIS WEEK'S GOAL: I used to do quite a bit of walking. I still do (hey, when you don't have a car...) but usually I can't go too far from home in case my grandfather needs me. Well, for those who don't already know, my grandfather went to the hospital Sunday. He's doing a lot better, but sometime within the next few days, he'll be going to a nursing home for a short while for nutrition and physical rehab. Which means I am now looking at days ahead with nothing to do until tutoring Monday. So my goal is to get out of the house (since I spent all day inside moping) and log at least 6,000 steps per day on my pedometer, which is actually a phone app, but you get it. And maybe I'll start to see the world again, too.

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE - ROLL OF THE DICE: Pfil posted a really cool dice roller at random.org that I used since I have no board games, and thus no dice (what? Don't look at me like that; I'm an only child!). I "rolled" a 1, 6, 4, 3, 1, and 4 in that order, which I'm quite pleased with. It's not too hard (I love crunches) but it's just challenging enough (I can't do a push up to save my life). Since I knew I wouldn't remember the numbers, I wrote everything down in my fitness folder and just for fun, I wrote the advanced challenges too! So hopefully I'll get to do both sets this week!

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE - WATER WATER EVERYWHERE: My current weight divided by two is 128.5. My current weight divided by 3 is 85.6 (repeating, of course). I really have no aversion to water - in fact I quite enjoy it - so I'm going to shoot for 128 oz. I have a cup that I use for water specifically because I know it's 24 oz. So in order to drink 128.5 oz, I have to drink 5.3 "cups" of water. So...6 cups (because really, who's going to drink a third of a cup of water?).

IN SUMMARY (aka TL;DR):
    -This week's goal: 6,000 steps per day
    -Physical challenge : 40 push ups, 60 crunches, 30 second wall sit, 20 altenating lunges (at least; mental high five if I can get in the advanced workout)
    -Water challenge: 128.5 oz
    -Orange Team Rocks (but you knew this already)

LET'S DO THIS! :bigsmile:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    dillyg08~I already drink 112 ozs a day so it won't be a problem for me. Thanks!

derbydestiny~Wishing your grandfather a speedy recovery :flowerforyou:

Check In:

***My Team Orange Goal~Burn 4000 Cals***

Wed: 771 Cals

Total Weekly Cals Burned: 771

***BL Challenge***

Physical~ rolled the dice from the website and this is what I had to do: 3, 3, 1, 6, 2, 5

I did the advanced option with 5lb weights. It took me 9 mins 46 secs. I had to take a break with the dips and squats w/ shoulder press :ohwell: I'll be trying this one more time before the challenge is over.

Water~Goal: 108.9....Ounces of Water Today: 120

Officially done with both challenges but I'll still check in throughout the week
  • RaineyLaney
    Options
    Go Team Orange :) We can do this ! ! !

Congratz to metalmunchie for BL for the week... WTG :flowerforyou:

My water intake is 202/2 = 101oz I am a waterholic so this is very easy for me. I actually drank 14 - 8oz glasses of water today (Wednesday) so this part of challenge is completed already :happy: :drinker:

I used the website to roll my dice (I could not find a die in my house for the life of me today LOL). These are the numbers I ended up with.

6. Pushups x20 reps (I do 50 wall push ups a day for an October challenge right now, but will do these as the regular on the floor push ups.)

5. Squats x 30 reps -or- 30reps with shoulder press. (again. I do 50 squats a day for my October mini challenge, so I have already did my 30 reps today, but I will try to do this challenge with the shoulder press to make it more challenging)

3. Wall sit 30 sec -or- wall sit with arms outstretched 30 sec's. (will try for the advanced routine)

5 Squats again x30 reps or with shoulder press (again. I do 50 squats a day for my October mini challenge, so will do this set today - Thursday)

2. Dips x20 reps. (not sure if I will be able to do this or not due to a shoulder injury, but will give it a try)

4. Crunches x30 reps -or- plank for 30 seconds (again, for my October mini challenge we have to do 5 - 1 minute plank a day. So I have completed this part of challenge already doing the advanced form. I will also do the regular of 30 crunches just for the fun of it too)

I just re-read the instructions on our challenge and saw we have to do these dice roll challenges extra to what we normal do, so I will do extras per numbers above from what my Weekly mini challenge's are on my October challenge group. (whew, glad I re-read the instructions or I may of messed up)
  • Nida1982
    Nida1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a cold for four days and I have not done any workout.
    My goal is to arrive on Monday at 149.91 and start doing it again has to workout four times a week.

Challenge 1: Given 3 and given 5
    I'll try to do two workouts, six days a week

Challenge 2: i will try to drink 95 oz a day
  • dillyg08
    Options
    Wishing you all a "Terrific Thursday."

Go Orange:flowerforyou:
  • Nida1982
    Nida1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I cannot edit the other post... dont know why

I tried to say that i was going to do:

Challenge 1: Dices 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 5
  • JonathanMFP
    JonathanMFP Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats mentalmunchie, and great job everyone!
  • tolae2006
    tolae2006 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My goal is to workout 5 times for week 2
  • kerosenekisses463
    kerosenekisses463 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ran an errand with a friend, and spent the day with him. Got home and checked my pedometer - 8,712 steps!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

Crazy good stuff!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • RaineyLaney
    Options
    Ok, I did my first 2 dice rolls yesterday (10/24/13).

I did dice roll #6 (pushups 20 reps) I did 75 wall push-ups (need 50 for another mini challenge) and I did 25 regular pushups for this challenge

dice roll #5 squats x 30 reps ... I did 50 regular squats for another challenge I am in, and I did 2 sets of 25 reps with 3 lb weights for this challenge.

I also have hit my water intake on 10/23/13

Now just 4 more dice challenges to do. Going to try and get dips out of the way today. I may have to do a few at a time, but I am determind to get em done :D (I am praying my shoulder injury doesn't stop me from doing these. I have never done dips and I have permanent damage to my left shoulder (not full range of motion). Not sure if I can get the movement I need with my arm on chair behind me as I lower myself down...crossing fingers I can do this)