Coffee

Options
chani8
chani8 Posts: 946 Member
Just how many cups of coffee do you drink in a day???

I was up to 6 (or even more on some days), then went cold turkey for about a month, then tried to just drink two a day but got to 4 real quick. Now I'm trying to get back down to 2.

How much do you drink in a day? What kind of coffee do you drink? How do you take it?

I drink organic instant coffee, 10oz cups, 4 times a day yesterday. Only twice today. I take it with 15% cream, no sugar.

I managed to make my goal of only 2 cups today! But I did drink a cup of green chai tea this afternoon. I'm not counting tea in this survey. ;)

BTW - I didn't realize my cup was 10oz! All this time I thought it was only 5, but right before I posted this, I went and checked my cup and low and behold, 10oz!

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I try to limit it to 3 cups of coffee. I believe they are 6oz cups? However, I used to drink up to 8 cups and have been trying to cut back. Today I'll probably be at 4-5.

I drink just regular brewed from grounds coffee with a little bit of creamer. No sugar.

I sometimes treat myself to a lower calorie coffee drink at Starbucks or another coffee shop but that doesn't count lol
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I drink about 4 cups a day but i drink it black. That's my excuse lol.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I drink Green Mountain Black Magic espresso... or Country Vermont when the store doesn't have my favorite. I drink it black, no sugar, 1-2 cups a day.
  • speedgoose
    Options
    I just stopped drinking coffee because I don't want my teeth stained haha. I love my white teeth, and I also have the will power of a navy seal, so I can give up anything cold turkey. BUT I do drink some tea sometimes for an extra boost.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    @speedgoose - you are inhuman................i dont believe you.

Coffee is the elixir of life.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Well, I had three cups today, even though my goal was 2. This afternoon I needed extra calories, and opted for my favorite treat, a coffee heavy on the cream.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm prior Navy so I was drinking 2-3 pots of coffee a day (all day long). I recently cut all caffeine (coffee/tea/soda/energy drinks) out of my diet. My sleep quality and regularity has increased ten fold. I'm tired at 10pm and wide awake around 4-5am. The initial headaches are gone and the "2:30 feeling" occurs around 4 or 5 now.
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm prior Navy so I was drinking 2-3 pots of coffee a day (all day long). I recently cut all caffeine (coffee/tea/soda/energy drinks) out of my diet. My sleep quality and regularity has increased ten fold. I'm tired at 10pm and wide awake around 4-5am. The initial headaches are gone and the "2:30 feeling" occurs around 4 or 5 now.

I was also in the Navy.... and I find myself still drinking several pots a day. My day starts at work by 0530... the only difference is now the pot of coffee after 1400 is decaf.....

and I drink my coffee black.:drinker:
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options

and I drink my coffee black.:drinker:

Is there anyother way?