What birth control are you using?

Options
anahdz1306
anahdz1306 Posts: 23 Member
I'm using mirena and have been experiencing some bleeding since but light though. Had it inserted on 8/21.

Replies

• Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I use the paraguard, which is mirena's, non hormonal sister. Still an IUD but no hormones and it's made of copper. I also experienced some bleeding once it was put in place, and my OB said it was normal as my body adjusts to a foreign object. My first cycle after was quite painful, but the next one was not. It is my understanding from other's I know with Mirena that eventually you will possibly have shorter, less frequent, lighter cycles.
  • anahdz1306
    anahdz1306 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hope it just stops soon been having light bleeding for a little over a month now it's so annoying
  • DarthPato
    Options
    I have used most bc at one point or another....but I get scary on hormonal bc, so I started doing fertility charting and used it succesfully for both TTC and TTA.

Then after 4 very difficult pregnancies and 2 m/c hubs and I decided to have my tubed removed.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I am on the mini-pill with no problems. I've always been on some sort of pill.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I've been off BC for about three years, all I do is chart now. I don't want to mess with my hormones (and we're also totally fine with having another baby, obviously our method isn't 100% foolproof).

After our next baby, my husband is getting a vasectomy. I think that's fair :smile:
  • Nneka02
    Nneka02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, please how exactly do you chart without making mistakes?
    I've been off BC for about three years, all I do is chart now. I don't want to mess with my hormones (and we're also totally fine with having another baby, obviously our method isn't 100% foolproof).

After our next baby, my husband is getting a vasectomy. I think that's fair :smile:
  • motherjuly31
    Options
    My hubby had a vasectomy almost a month ago. So happy that he did and I don't have to worry about BC now. We just have to wait for his test to show no swimmers before we are totally BC free and I can't wait. Let's just hope it doesn't bite me in the butt in a few years, hahaha!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Ok, please how exactly do you chart without making mistakes?

There's a book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" that I found very helpful. It explains charting your temperature, and paying attention to your body's other fertility signs (cervical mucus, etc). It tells you how to use one method or the other, or both methods together. We used the info we learned for both trying to avoid and trying to conceive, however we did use condoms once in a while if we wanted to get busy and it was getting too close for comfort to the risky time of the month for conception. If you decide to go this route you have to be 100% okay with the risks!

I'm envious of you ladies who have been able to convince your hubby to get snipped! We have plenty of time until we need to take such measures, but I started trying to talk my DH into it a few years ago, even before we got married! So far he's still not up for it. :ohwell: I definitely agree that it's fair!
  • motherjuly31
    Options
    My hubby was the one who volunteered to get snipped! I was more than happy to let him. It was a fast procedure and cost a lot less than anything I would have to do. So a win/win for us both!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My hubby was the one who volunteered to get snipped! I was more than happy to let him. It was a fast procedure and cost a lot less than anything I would have to do. So a win/win for us both!

My husband is doing this as well. In fact, he brought it up. Neither one of us likes the idea of hormones, nor do I want an IUD. So basically it was charting, which is fine if you're trying to conceive but honestly too much work IMO for those trying not to conceive, or condoms. Pulling out, although apparently the post-kids BC "method" of choice amongst thirty- and forty-somethings these days, is not an option to me. Since he does not like condoms, he offered to get a vasectomy.

My BIL knows a couple with an 18-year age gap between their kids because the dad's vasectomy reversed itself. He'd never bothered to go in to have his stuff re-checked. I will force my husband to do it biannually at gunpoint if I have to. I would prefer not to be surprised in the future (though if it did happen we'd be ok with it).