What are you hoping to have and why?

Options
hotmomma0612
hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
Boy? Girl? Or what combination if you're having multiples?

I am pregnant with #2, and I am sorta hoping it's another boy, as I have everything I need for another boy. However, as long as the baby is healthy... I'm happy!

What about you? :bigsmile:

Replies

• Emma38418
    Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I already have a girl so for ease of having everything another girl, but my husband would like a boy so we have one of each. Same as you, as long as it is healthy I will be happy either way.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Boy! My youngest is a boy so the nursery is decorated that way and I still have all his clothes. I don't have any of my girl stuff left, Plus, from my experience thus far, boys are way easier!

But, I am not finding out the gender this time. I am looking forward to the surprise at delivery. I would be very happy with a girl though too. It would just make things easier if it was a boy.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    We are hoping for a girl. We have two sons, but Dad would love a little girl to get wrapped around her finger. Plus I am an avid seamstress and would love to make dresses. My boys are awesome and love wearing their Mom-Mades, but you can only make so many pairs of pants and T-shirts before it gets boring. Boys are hoping for a sister as they don't want to have to share their toys anymore then they already do!

We plan on finding out as I have 7 years of boys clothes that I can start to get rid of if we end up with our little lady. And I would love to get that purge started. It drives me crazy looking at all those totes lined up in the basement.!
  • Emma38418
    Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Boy! My youngest is a boy so the nursery is decorated that way and I still have all his clothes. I don't have any of my girl stuff left, Plus, from my experience thus far, boys are way easier!

But, I am not finding out the gender this time. I am looking forward to the surprise at delivery. I would be very happy with a girl though too. It would just make things easier if it was a boy.

If boys are way easier I will aim for one of those then!! ???? Its lovely that you are having a surprise, I love the idea but I just know the minute they ask me I will say I want to know!
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm torn. The romantic 5 year old inside of me really wants a little girl for all the things I loved when I was a child, the cute clothes, the imaginary games and the dolls. Plus my brother has 3 girls, and ton loads of really nice quality hand me downs. Yet, I dread all the pink princess madness.. Not to mention a teenage mini-he. Help!
    The more pragmatic part of me is hoping for another son. I think my little guy would love a little brother to mentor. And it feels like men in our family are just a whole lot more down to earth and focused. My mother and me were always like emotional explosives together. It was just really hard to live in the same house. I don't want that same relationship with a daughter.
    But either is good. The person will be who she or he is any way.
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    We already have a little girl. I would love for her to have a sister to grow up with, but we'll take healthy. I didn't find out what we were having; my husband knew last time. I don't think I want to know this time either, but hubby does. Not sure if we'll work it out the same way as last time. He slipped once, but I was so convinced we were having a boy that I didn't really catch his slip. I questioned it for a minute and moved on. All the big stuff we got is neutral so we'd really only have to worry about clothes and since I didn't know last time, I got some neutral clothes at my shower. Plus, my family and friends tend to buy some clothes for additional babies after they are born so we'll have stuff.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    What is funny is my husband and I wanted a boy...2 boys was our wish. But, I have 3 nieces now and my husband said he kinda wants a girl now. After dealing with infertility, I'm of COURSE happy to have either. But, I still kinda want a boy. lol