Additional Workouts

Options
ChetThaker
ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
We may as well as get a thread going about this. I've noticed from others who have already done T25 or are in the middle of doing it that some are doing other workouts in addition to their T25 programme (e.g. running, zumba, gym classes etc).

I just completed a hybrid program of Les Mills Combat & Les Mills Pump and would like to contine to do the 3 Les Mills Pump workouts per week in addition to doing T25. So I'm thinking that I should add about 200 more calories on those days in addition to the 1600 recommended on T25.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The more you move the more your body needs to eat. You will have to see how many calories your body really needs. 200 might be fine, but then you might need more.

I am only doing T25. However, I started a fit club at the school where I teach so now I'm doing my GAMMA phase at 5:30 am 5x a week, and then ALPHA workouts at 4pm 3-5x a week. I'm STARVING by the time I get home. I added a second shake in the evening.
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Wow that's pretty intense!

Yes I will see how it goes and listen to my body. My biggest concern is to ensure I have enough energy since I'm up at 5am to do my workouts and so that I don't start losing lean mass instead of fat.

Thanks
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Options
    Early bird like me Chet! Energy comes from a good balance of complex carbs and a steady blood sugar level. For sustained energy, try eating 5x a day: 3 meals and 2 snacks. Break up your daily calorie requirement into those 5 meals. Make every snack count - with a good carb/protein/healthy fat balance.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    One thing I like about T25 is I feel like i can do other things even if just walking around the neighborhood. When I did Insanity, that was all I wanted to do..nothing else.
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Yes I've just switched to 5 meals per day in preparation for T25 and trying to schedule 450 calories per main meal and 150 calories per snack. I'll take a closer look at the macro balance to ensure its right.

@Guamybear - good to hear this.
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Options
    I agree with Guamy in finding time (and energy) to do other active things.

In fact, Shaun T said his test group for T25 ended up being so happy with getting fit that they WANTED to do other activities like walk, hike, ride bikes, etc on the off days (weekends) and other times. Doing T25 daily motivated them to live more active lifestyles.

It goes beyond the workout folks. :)
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I started C25K last week and I'm wondering if I could do both. I'll see how next week goes. Which one should I do first? T25 or C25K?