Ongoing Pep Talks and Check In

Options
d2jump
d2jump Posts: 39 Member
Okay, as a reminder, new posts appear at the bottom.

Hope all is well out there in reriders' fitness and diet programs. I'm actually doing well. More than half way to my goal. 26 pounds to go. I do need to start more work on my core. I will try to add some of that in this week. That is my goal.

Replies

• RRDewey
    Options
    You're doing great!! Losing that much weight is remarkable.

I'm checking in one day late. I forgot! Sorry, everyone.

I didn't exercise at all. Work has gotten just crazy, and I have been very short on sleep. Last night DH and I went to a dinner engagement, and I feel asleep at the table! No lie! How embarrassing!

I need encouragement to fit a little exercise into my weekly schedule! Would like to lose 5-10 lbs as well, but more importantly, I want to feel more fit.
  • twentyfourpaws
    twentyfourpaws Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is well! Today I started off blah and continued all day. Had my usual midmorning clif bar at work but had to take my lunch earlier than I wanted (wasn't hungry yet), and it seemed to set my schedule off... Then was weak at publix and sweet potato pie (small one), candy corn, amongst other (healthy) things. Have been snacking nonstop but might just go to bed early to not keep eating!!
    Am going to attempt riding tomorrow after work, just to see how it goes. Hopefully I'll be recovered enough by Tuesday to have my lesson then!
  • d2jump
    Options
    Dewey, glad you checked in. Why don't you commit to just one or two days of dedicated workouts for this week. Me, too. Surely I can commit to that. I haven't been doing dedicated workouts enough either, just barn chores and riding which I don't count. Those are a necessary bonus!

Twentyfourpaw, Halloween is killer. I love candy corn. I have been good this year not buying any. Last year at this time I was put in my leg cast and that was the start of a large weight gain for me. I had too much candy corn last year! I did almost have a setback this week when my DH was out of town. I was at the store and saw a pack of cookies that looked so good. I bought them! When I got home, I though, why on earth did I do that? They sat for a day. The next day I took them out of the package, out them in a freezer bag and sucked the air out, and tossed them in the freezer. They are still there. That was huge for me. Sweets and cookies especially are my downfall.

Hope you all have a great week!!! I'm going to get on my bike twice! If not, you two are permitted to get on my case, haha.
  • d2jump
    Options
    Okay, it's Friday! I need the pep talkers! I had a so-so week. I guess considering it was Halloween week, I did very well. Compared to last year, anyway. My issue is I need to be more dedicated to my exercise. Any tips? Just do it? :) Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • d2jump
    Options
    Hope all is well with everyone. Thanksgiving is a challenge, but I've worked out both yesterday, Thanksgiving, and today, Friday, to help make up for the feast. :)
  • elementfarm
    elementfarm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    all right, I just joined. I'm hoping to slim down to my 2008 weight. The holiday season is a tough time for me -- I have a wicked sweet tooth!
  • d2jump
    Options
    I love sweets, too, element! I managed to get through Thanksgiving without a hitch. Last year was thought for me. I blame it on being I a leg cast through the holidays last year, but really, I just ate too much junk! I have about 21 pounds to go. I will get there. So will you. :)
  • d2jump
    Options
    Okay, I know no one uses this site anymore, but I popped in to check. I will see if anyone on the forum wants to start using it again. But I was shocked to see that my weight loss is doing quite well from the start of this thing. Yay!
  • d2jump
    Options
    Okay, my "ticker" disappeared. hmm. I think I'm at 43 pounds lost since we started this thing.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh, hi! Crashing the party from the re-rider thread. I'm Outtashape over there, and I have 20lbs to lose. Blech.
  • d2jump
    Options
    Hey, finally a friend, haha! Welcome, Outtashape. Glad to share stories and motivate. I have 12 more pounds to go for my goal. Let's do it. :)
  • pittjenn
    Options
    Well, I've now worked out 2 days in a row. That's a start, right?
  • d2jump
    Options
    That's a good start! I have been doing great diet wise, but I need to step up my workouts. What type of workouts have you been doing, Outtashape? I have my stationary bike, which is about the best thing I can do right now while still healing from ankle surgery. Walking hurts still. Luckily riding doesn't. :)
  • pittjenn
    Options
    As the proud owner of a lifelong-bum ankle (tore my achilles in college playing soccer - never healed right), I hear you! Everything I do has to be low-impact, or I leave myself crippled.

I'm currently going through the T25 program from Beachbody right now. It'll be my third time doing the 10 week program. I like that each day's workout is 25minutes, and then I can shower and go about my day. I am not very good at fitting in my exercise if it's long or if I don't do it first thing in the morning - I can find 1000 reasons why I should take the day off instead
  • d2jump
    Options
    See, I'm not a morning person. I tend to wait till 8:00 or 9:00 p.m., but you're right, there are days I just skip it. :) I managed to workout last night for the first time in quite a while, so I was happy with that! So the T25 doesn't bother your ankle too badly? What is it like? Right now, I don't think I'm ready for anything where it's too much weight bearing. I love hiking, but even that I can't do yet. :(
  • pittjenn
    Options
    T25 is pretty good to my ankle - they have one person doing low-impact modifications the whole time, and I stick to that. However, if hiking is still too much, I'd wait until your ankle is a bit stronger and less painful (and try the Back on Track brace!)
  • d2jump
    Options
    Funny, I just got Back on Track hock boots for Chico. Maybe I should invest in a brace for me. Do you have one? Does it help? And can you wear shoes with it? :)
  • pittjenn
    Options
    Besides being black, it looks exactly like the ankle braces that you'd see in the drugstore for $12 - it's stretchy fabric that lends a bit of support. Since my ankle issue is from an old achilles tendon tear, the light compression and subtle whatever-kind-of-heating BoT does is perfect for me - it loosens the tight muscle, and provides a touch of support to keep my ankle from flopping if I don't place it perfectly under me.

I can and do wear it with sneakers. However, it actually prevents me from getting my heels down when I tried to wear it riding, so I put it on for a couple hours before I go to the barn, then peel it off and put my paddock boots on to ride.

BoT is the strangest thing to experiance. You put it on, and swear it's just a normal ankle brace. Then, after 30 min or so, you notice your ankle isn't stiff or sore anymore. It doesn't get warm to the touch - it's just stiff one minute and fine the next. It's magical :)

So if your ankle problem is from muscles and tendons, I say give it a shot!
  • d2jump
    Options
    Thanks for the product review. :) Maybe I'll have to splurge and get one. Then I'll at least know how it works for Chico. For me, I'm lucky, riding doesn't bother my ankle. It's more anything that has any impact like walking, stepping, etc.

I did end up joining Planet Fitness this week. I did two workouts so far. It's a start! Maybe I'll drop that final ten pounds!!

Have a good weekend.