Spanx anyone?

Options
Anyone use these, wanting to try? I bought my first from Lane Bryant yesterday and they have a promotion coupon good from 11-1 thru 11-30-2013 for 25% + free S&H on their website only. Just a FYI. The PA last week said she would rather I wear this than the binder to help hold my stomach. Man is it tight! I don;'t think I would want it any bigger though because it would defeat the purpose. I got the one that is regular underwear and then comes up to just under your bra. I think I would like a regular control top brief though too, girdle maybe?

Any suggestions, reviews?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I bought a spanx type one piece from the Avenue. It goes up to just under my bra. It can be a nuisance to wear because if you have to use the bathroom, you either have to strip down completely or figure out how to unhook the crotch lol.But, I chose this one because I was afraid if I just got the top that it might roll up when I sat down. I rarely use it though. It's VERY tight but it isn't really too uncomfortable for me.
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just got some long extra control camisole tops from Costco, I actually fit in the XL size. They help hold in my shrinking but saggy middle. My belly has always been more trouble than my hips/butt. The all in one types don't work for me because I am 5'11" and they're not built for a long trunk. I like the feel of the compression to make me aware of my compacting size though.
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I went to a bra specialty store and was fitted for the effect I wanted. The women measured me and I tried on several things. I picked the control top camisole and the knee length control top spanx . The cami, which tucks in the breast on the sides of my bra, also extends down over the spanx bottoms. I wear this combo with dress clothes but not for work. I don't think I could stand that tightness for 8 hours. However, that combo tucks in everything and really smoothes the 'candle wax' effects of my weight loss. I would recommend spanx and/or control top camisoles for anyone - it really helps the clothes fit better and makes you look good. :smile:
  • DebbysJourney
    DebbysJourney Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the good info. I wore the spanx all day yesterday, but also don't think I could wear it at work for 8 hours. Bathroom trips are a chore...lol

I'll have to look at the camisole version, it seems like it would just push the excess out of the bottom. I think for work I'd like to find just a control top brief maybe. I especially want somewthing to lift and push in my lower stomach, if that exists. Right now my stomach is still sore from the incisions, so I can't have anything too tight right at the waist. I've seen some that come all the way up and have straps where your bra shows through. I guess to help with the sagging there too. I'll need that too, or I (currently) need that too....lol
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I probably didn't explain it well, but that's the kind I have, the kind that starts off like a control top panty but comes up to just under the bra and has straps, but you wear your own bra. It holds everything in just right,it makes you nice and smooth, but for a whole day at work, I probably couldn't. I could see myself investing in a few control top panties though. I gotta hold this stuff in somehow!!
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love my Spanx and other Spanx like products. They do take some getting used to, but I find that even wearing them for 8 hours, they do the job. After a bit, I don't even notice I am wearing them. I have several kinds, including the ones that go down the legs to the knee and up to under the bra line, the ones that are like underwear with the control top that goes under the bra line, and I also have one that like like a tight slip/camisole. I can fold that one at the stomach when I wear pants, or keep it long for dresses. Its the most versatile as it covers the back as well. I do like all of them, and rarely do out of the house without one simple because it does help improve my overall shape. Good luck looking and finding the best type for you.