Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tracking Strength Training

Hi all, I'm new to MyFitnessPal. I've started logging my workouts, but I've noticed it only calculates the calories burned for cardio...not strength training. Since I'm new, I might be missing a simple setting, but I've looked and don't see any way to update it. Any suggestions on how I can track the results of my strength training? Thanks!

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    If by "results" you mean calories burned, which it looks like you do, read this first...
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/11170

I do log a burn for my weight workouts because my normal activity level doesn't account for it and I would lose when I don't want to if I didn't adjust accordingly. I also log my sets under Strength so I can keep track of the weight I should be loading at my next workout.
    Hope this helps.
  • Thanks so much! That certainly answered my question :o)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    :happy:
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    I know this is an older thread - but if you're looking for an app to log your strength workouts check out fitocracy. I love their interface, much more user friendly than MFP's strength log.