starting atkins monday

Options
Sexy76Me
Sexy76Me Posts: 14 Member
starting monday and would love to have friends that have done atkins or just starting like me. I have 77 lbs to lose. would love to get food ideas and any tips that helped you.:smile:

Replies

• catherinec303
    catherinec303 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting today (Monday) as well!!! I have about 40 lbs to lose! Just went grocery shopping and stocked up on induction foods!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I lost 90lbs on Atkins and have used it to relose some weight. Been stuck in a rut since April but I'm recommitting to it to get down 20 lbs by Christmas.
    Breakfast I've done eggs, piece of ham, some cheese and spinach. Some people eat Atkins bars and do fine, others it throws them out of ketosis.
    I love wings and eat them when I've been doing good (since they are high fat). Also love chicken fajitas and taco salad.

Good luck!
  • catherinec303
    catherinec303 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually have an omelette or scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage for breakfast. Lunch is usually some sort of protein (pork, chicken, fish, burger) and I try to get vegetables with that. Dinner is pretty similar. I snack on Atkins bars/shakes and also keep turkey/ham lunch meat as well as string cheese, chicken salad, and sliced peppers for snacking!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i have been doing atkins since feb of this year,, down close to 80 pounds now, i stay on induction as much as I can, would love to have you as friends
  • penguin817
    Options
    I'm starting Monday too, I've been told to avoid the Adkins bars during phase I, I will be eating eggs, proteins, cheeses, and lots of green veggies and cauliflower. Keep in mind onions are HIGH in carbs, I learned this the last time I did Adkins.... Opps. Who would have thought. Good luck.
  • penguin817
    Options
    It's been almost a month since you started.... How have you done?
  • MaxiJohn55
    MaxiJohn55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would love some friends! I have done Atkins before and was never able to last more than 2 weeks. This time I read and am re-reading the book and I am motivated. I started last Tues and 4 days later I am down 7 lbs!
  • MaxiJohn55
    MaxiJohn55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm back on the wagon again as of Monday too! I'm needing to drop about 25 lbs. :)
  • Metamorphasis555
    Options
    Good luck everyone! Today is day one of Atkins for me.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    it appears the person who started this thread has deactivated her account?,,, sad to see her go,
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I started Induction on Monday, Oct.21. Boy, what a learning curve that was. It sure didn't take me long to hit my 20 carbs for that day.
    I spent most of sunday afternoon cutting veggies, and keeping things together. I love salads, but they add up quickly. I have noticed tho, that the last 2 days, I'm short on my protein (big time).. I hope to change that today. My weigh in will be Monday, the 28th, and I'm curious to see how I did. I know that the first little while will be water weight, and I'm ok with that. A loss is a loss.. Kat :)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Good for you, it absolutely works when you stick with it. I've only been at it since June 3rd, and I'm three away from goal weight. The learning curve takes a bit as you've said, but once you get your groove, it's kind of like a bobsled track; Just go with it!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I started today
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am starting again tomorrow. Missed fruit more than I thought and ate berries and apples. Feel a little better prepared this time and have lots of protein and veggies ready to go.