Need a motivation buddy

Options
alyshanhk
alyshanhk Posts: 22 Member
I am finding it hard to lose anymore weight and because of the lack of progress, I just end up giving up. I need a weight loss buddy who I can talk to and who will motivate me when I feel like giving up/pigging out which I have done a lot recently :/

Replies

• difiore13
    difiore13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am right there with you it's hard to stay motivated. For me its especially hard over the weekend, during the week i am pretty good and working out and eating right for the diet i am on at the time, but then weekends i completely mess up and Monday back to where i started the week before. So any additional motivation would be great!!
  • KDubberley
    Options
    Hi girls! Would you both add me too? I feel like I need some social motivation so if I knew both of you could see my food log that would help. My biggest issues are snacking and booze. Damn!
  • cr1111dn
    cr1111dn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here! When I started I would lose weight quickly, but now it's really hard to keep going sometimes. Everyone on this thread, I'd love to support you, feel free to add me!
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The worst thing is to lose it too fast at the start. Your body will slow down its metabolism, and you will lose less, and get de-motivated.

Also the whole "a little of what you fancy does you good" is crap, if what you fancy is sugar filled or processed crap, you just get a quick blood sugar high, and when it goes you are left craving more.

After 20 years I decided to go cold turkey, like drugs *kitten* or alcohol, I cut out the bad stuff almost entirely, and I found I stuck at it so much better.

My name is Jackie, I am a foodoholic, I have been eating (almost) clean since February. I have never done so well, for so long, or lost so much weight. 18 kilos in total, and size 14 to size 8.

Snacks are fine, if they are healthy snacks.

Alcohol a big no no. Your body will not begin to burn fat till it has dealt with the acetone from the alcohol in your system. While this is happening your metabolism slows right down. It's a poison. I can't talk, I spent 20 years drinking and eating crap. But I also spent 20 years looking in the mirror and being miserable. Now I eat well, I don't drink and I am finally happy with my body, well almost :-)

If weekends are your downfall, why not get into some sort of exercise. Tuesday is my day off. I have a good session at the gym, and then I am ok for a few extra calories.
  • alyshanhk
    alyshanhk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks for the great response. I only just checked this thread so I have just added you all now and I too have gone cold turkey with the junk food - I find the only hard part of it is finding other things to eat and not so much missing the taste of it.
  • Butyou
    Butyou Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been out of loop for 3 months. I have not logged, lifted and I'm starting to feel like I will go back to the old me if I don't get back on track know.

For know I'm going to start logging and I'm hoping to start lifting again soon. Hopfully when I get off work.
    If you ladies would like to add me to feel free.
    Support is needed.
    Thanks,
    Stephyb
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Add me! :) To kickstart my motivation again, I bought new running shoes! I can't wait to use them now!
  • klm3907
    klm3907 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Love this community stuff. I think it makes it way easier to stay on top of things. Feel free to add me too. : )