Anyone play Dnd??

Options
I see alot of Dr who posts (which are awesome!!) So far Ive seen nothing about Dnd. Any Tabletop gamers?

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Played from 1978 to 2012...3rd edition ruined it for me, so we played 2nd edition the whole time.

Myself and 2 friends, plus many others over the years, ran the same Forgotten Realms campaign for 26 years....
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    here! 2 pathfinder games at the moment with some misc dungeon delves
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have played 2nd E. and other tabletop games to include Warhammer...
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    We have people over every other week for tabletop.

2e is good. 3rd and 4th? Not so much. They eliminated CN and THAC0. Who does that?
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Another tabletop gamer here. I'm so dedicated I'm a ranger IRL! :laugh:

I usually play Pathfinder on Tuesdays, Traveller on Saturdays, and DM an obscure 1970s Dutch system about once a month.
  • songdogshooter41
    songdogshooter41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    started with ADnD in the 80's, then in college played 2nd, now playing 3rd. refuse to buy more dumbed down books to make Wizards rich. sticking with 3rd.
    -
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I used to. My brother was a dungeon master a few times when I was 13, then I played again for a year or so 13 years ago with my ex, then life happened and I had to stop. Loved it though. It was AD&D... Ravenloft I think?

I'd totally love to play again but with kids, it's difficult... plus I wouldn't know how to find a group.
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I used to play too... had a bit of a sad moment when I donated all my die to charity a few years ago but I hadn't played in years and didn't know anyone who did any longer either. I used to DM and mostly played a cleric when I played.

My brothers and I play settlers of Catan and Magic the Gathering a bit and my youngest brother (age31) plays warhammer, I never got into it, all I wanted to do was paint the figures in whatever colour scheme I wanted to he he he.
  • KMiYong
    KMiYong Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    not yet, but soon! so excited to play! I do have to wait until I leave my house and move in with my gf tho (we live half the globe apart, she's in Canada and I'm in Israel), so we can gather with her friends and have lots of fun :P
  • wesgro2
    Options
    I play, but my work hours make it difficult to devote to a campaign for too long. If anyone runs an online/skype campaign I would be interested. :wink: :smile:
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Playing two Pathfinder games at the mo like Brendar (Rise of the Runelords and Wrath of the Righteous). Going to be in an occasional Shadow Run game as well.

Just been away for a whole week of gaming. We played Space 1889, Cyberpunk, Shadow Run, Vampire, Star Trek, Rogue Trader, D+D LRP, Mage, X Wings and assorted other games. Was brill.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Played AD&D (1st & 2nd Ed.) frequently in Jr High/High School and a little bit in early college. Dabbled with other RPS (Robotech, GURPS, Car Wars to name a few) even so far to create our own derivative rules/settings that fit my playing group. But between lack of folks to play with and waning interest (waxing interest in other things like girls, booze and video games) it fell away. Actually might be starting to play again locally in the near future so I'm pretty stoked about it...time will tell.
  • Zephlar
    Zephlar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Started on 2nd Ed in 1997.

I'm actually kind of shocked to see some people didn't like 3rd Ed. 3rd Ed was amazing IMO. 4th Ed if anything isn't very good.

Played some Masquerade, Mutants and Masterminds, Modern D20.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    started in the stone ages (blue box basic 1979) run a game now 3.5 game now. just got a whole lot of 3-D dungeon tile from dwaven forge

dwarven-forge-game-tiles.jpg

going to notch the game up a bit. :)
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    We were regular GURPS players until the gaming group had a giant social implosion. Occasionally we dabbled in Call of Cthulhu, D&D, and other systems -- but we always went back to GURPS.

I never really got into D&D like the guys in the group did. I assume it has to do with a general interest in that brand of fantasy storytelling. It's not my favorite genre, though I played it if someone else was running.
  • Zephlar
    Zephlar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    started in the stone ages (blue box basic 1979) run a game now 3.5 game now. just got a whole lot of 3-D dungeon tile from dwaven forge

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/dwarven-forge-game-tiles.jpg

going to notch the game up a bit. :)

Lol, dude your geek c0ck is officially much larger than mine. That's friggin hardcore.
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, that dungeon setup... makes me wish I knew you IRL.

I've always wanted to play, but never have. Most of my friends are online, and I play a lot of other types of games, but I don't know anybody locally! Sadness.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I play every Wednesday and alternative Friday's! We are currently playing deadlands reloaded but we play a different genre every four to six months using different systems. Our club runs several different groups, all playing different games, but I enjoy painting miniatures as well as playing!

I've even had a friend I met on mfp come along and join in for the evening!!!
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm currently running a 3.5 game every second Wednesday. I wish I could play more often but between kids, work and life it's hard to get everybody together more often than that.
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Every other Saturday Pathfinder game.

Every other Wednesday D&D game....currently doing the playtest, which I'm not fond of, but the group is fun. Hated 4th ed.

Every Tuesday night online 2nd edition game through Klooge.

Have also done lots of other systems over the many years I've played!