Beginner: Need help in starting weight lifting

Options
Hello guys, I hope youre doing great. I am in week 4 of my reset and have gained 4.4 lbs.
Im thinking of including weight training and some cardio back in.

Can you guys help me start?

I want to focus on weight training, never done that before. Then i will re assess my TDEE.

Thanks

Replies

• athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Check out Nia Shanks' blog "Lift Like a Girl." She has a workout program called Beautiful Badass. It has a beginner program and it's perfect for someone just starting out! Not much equipment required and no fancy movements. Youtube is great to watch videos and make sure your form is spot on, or maybe hire a trainer at a gym to help you and make sure you don't hurt yourself. Good luck! It's exhilarating!
  • jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    Options
    I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women. It is a book that showed me step by step what to do, reps, pictures and even the reasoning behind it all. I am lucky enough to have a gym at home so all I have had to do is buy heavier weights as I progress. It is easily done at a commercial gym if you have access to one.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I started with the New Rules of Lifting book for Women as well. I now have all of their New Rules books. I love them and they are easy to follow. I had to get over the initial fear of going into the weight room. I didn't know how to use any of the equipment at first. I would watch other people and ask the trainers at the gym.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hello guys, I hope youre doing great. I am in week 4 of my reset and have gained 4.4 lbs.
    Im thinking of including weight training and some cardio back in.

Can you guys help me start?

I want to focus on weight training, never done that before. Then i will re assess my TDEE.

Thanks
    Awesome job on your reset!
    All the workouts mentioned above are good. If you have access to a gym I would recommend The beginner workout on EM2WL.Com. Here's the link:
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/beginner-workout/

And another good one if you have free weights and a barbell is the all pro beginners workout, here's the link:
    http://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=13973
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have just gotten my copy of NROLFW,ill be starting gym from 1st of nov. The problem here is that gyms for ladies have trainers only for aerobics, yoga etc. But you wouldnt find a single a trainer that can help you with the lifting.

So What ever ill do ill do it by either googling, reading or watching videos :)
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This site has a lot of videos about form on various exercises.
    http://www.building-muscle101.com/beginner-weight-lifting-routines.html

And watching YouTube videos is a great idea! I learn a LOT from just searching for whatever exercises I am interested in. Good luck! Have a great time!