Phase 1 Week 2!!

Options
michelle7673
michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
I just finished the first Week 2 workout of Phase 1 -- stronger on planks already!!!

I'm wondering a couple of things:

1. Did anyone else gain a few pounds when starting? I mean, it *feels* like swelling; I've been sore and my legs particularly were visibly bigger and firmer (right down into the knees). If so, how long did it seem to take before that resolved?

2. If you log your exercise calories, how do you log the workouts? I have been calling them "strength training" which isn't a lot of calorie burn...but I have the elevated heart rate (and dripping sweat to go with it) of my harder circuit or cardio workouts..
I suppose it's conservative to call it strength anyway, but just wondering what others are doing.

Cheers!!
Michelle

Replies

• JaymeJaime
    JaymeJaime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh, those lovely planks...I'm looking forward to them getting easier!

I haven't been tracking my exercise, only food here. I wasn't sure how it affects your calories, and I figured that that is already factored in from the nutritionist on Venus :)
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor that shows how many calories I burn during a workout and usually enter that number into the "strength training". I use the polar ft4 HRM.

Like, today I completed venus workout in 30 minutes and burned 260 calories. :)