Two weeks into Insanity and not much change

Options
I started Insanity two weeks ago, I sweat a ton and am really sore. I have only lost 2 pounds and no inches. How long before I should see some results? I know this program builds muscle so I am trying to be patient. My husband is doing it with me and he is in much better shape to start with. He hasn't seen any results either although we both feel better and we are definately not giving up. Just thought I would see something by now... any advise?

Replies

• gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Give it some time. The second month was when I really started seeing results. I am sure you will start to see results soon. Good luck.
  • easy2putt
    easy2putt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity two weeks ago, I sweat a ton and am really sore. I have only lost 2 pounds and no inches. How long before I should see some results? I know this program builds muscle so I am trying to be patient. My husband is doing it with me and he is in much better shape to start with. He hasn't seen any results either although we both feel better and we are definately not giving up. Just thought I would see something by now... any advise?

I agree..I was unbelievebly sore for the first 2 weeks from the toes and up..hang in there..the 3rd week your body should feel better. I'm in my 4th week now. They say the 2nd month is where you will see results. Eat healthy and the results will come. I lost about 6 lbs since 08/16 (when I started Insanity).

Think a key thing is nutitrition and eating enough to have energy to DIG DEEP..
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Scales and even measuring tape can be deceiving. I know it's hard to believe but my measurements actually went up marginally when I started exercising - from the 3rd week onwards however I just lost over 2 pounds and 1 inch everywhere overnight. And it kept going down. I think a lot of it has to do with water retention, which is not only a scale issue, but also makes your thighs, bum and abdomen a bit bigger because of inflamed muscles - so it's tricky to see change in measurements. That's how I interpreted at least. I know for example that after some Insanity workouts my calves are so big I can barely put my jeans on.
  • fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on recovery week now. And the 2 first weeks I didn't see much difference apart from getting fitter. After week 4 I noticed a big difference. The scales went down as well as measurements. I lost 3 from 8 kg I aim for. Recovery= less cardio but I still burn 350 Kcal per session. And all the exercises are to build strength. So carry on and you will see.
    Good luck.
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm starting another round of INSANITY and what I learned from the first time I did it was to take pictures EVERY WEEK. If you are completing the workouts and eating right, you will see a change
  • ilessa
    ilessa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm first week of month 2.

First 2 weeks I actually went up due to muscles holding on to water to repair themselves.
    After I stopped feeling sore in week 3 onwards the next 2 weeks I noticed an overall 2lb loss from starting weight and then I really dropped some inches. Fit test results went way up too.

So keep at it, takes a while for your body to adjust. Keep measuring/taking pics every couple of weeks to track where the changes are, don't forget if you see yourself every day you won't see changes as much as other people.

Keep digging deep :)
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I second what everyone else is saying. On my first round I expected to see a HUGE drop the first week because I was working *so* hard and eating *so* well. It never happened though. Like others have said, your muscles hold onto water whilst they repair themselves and, whilst you will be losing fat, the scale isn't reflecting this.

Make sure you take photos - I'll promise you'll notice major changes. At the end of week 2 I happened to be checking myself out in the mirror (as you do!) and realised I had practically NO cellulite left on the backs of my legs. Result! I was so happy! Another time (week 7 I think?) I realised I had a booty! For the first time in my life my bum wasn't a flat pancake, lol. It was victories like these that kept me super motivated even when the scale wasn't my friend. Good luck!
  • addicted2numbers
    addicted2numbers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm having this same problem. But I lost 1.5 inches the first week and this is the second week and I gained a lb. My BF told me he notices a difference already though.