End of the Month Assessment

Options
What progression have you gotten through October and how close are you to your final goals? What are your goals as far as November goes?

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I lost 3.5 pounds in the month of October, which was more than I thought I would, so that's a goal exceeded.

I have also gotten my squats back into triple digit territory, and I am back to PR's on deadlifts.

That said? What I hope to accomplish in November is as follows: Drop remaining 1.3 pounds, squat 115-120, deadlift my bodyweight within a pound or two (150#), and begin bulking at the end of November.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I lost eleven pounds since the beginning of October. I did not measure myself at the beginning but was able to lose 9 inches in the last two weeks three of which were off my hips. I have ditched the girl push ups and am able to more push ups every day. My goal for November is to work out every day and to continue to work on my diet.
  • SandySweats
    SandySweats Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I lost eleven pounds as well in the month of October. I lost about an inch all the way around (breasts, waist, hips, etc.)
  • toni5363
    toni5363 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost 6lbs for the month of October and I'm so happy about that. My goal for November is to lose 6 more pounds and continue to do Tae Bo at least 3 ot 4 times per week. Another goal of mine is to run an entire mile without stopping by the end of November and start eating healthier.
  • sunraew
    sunraew Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    After resuming MFP logging Sept/October I dropped 3kg of my Winter coat. I have increased my free weights from 2lb to 5.5lb and started running - walking - running again. Nutrition is improving and I'm making cleaner, healthier choices every day. I've managed to drop the daily trail of health halo Oat bar snacks... of course Loved-One has kindly made another irresistible batch this afternoon, which will likely tempt me tomorrow!!!

For next month, November, I've taken the Accountability challenge and the Squats challenge. I've started playing Summer football once a week and want to have the energy to get up at 5:45am at least 3 mornings a week to return to running 4.4 km again... without walking. I also want to build up my strength again to get back out on the water now that the Wind is back and temperatures are warming.

I'm looking to make sustainable permanent lifestyle changes. I think the trick is to do what you can each day, not to overdo things. I want to get to place where I think of moving my body as a joy to look forward to and value, not a chore that I dread.

ENERGY!!! :heart:
  • jobi1kanoobi
    Options
    This is only my 2nd week back on MFP but I have taken the stairs to work every day (I work on the 22nd floor) and worked out most evenings. I have only had one weigh in since returning but have lost 1lb so far.

I am hoping to lose a minimum of 1lb a week during November and continue to exercise regularly and eat better foods. I have been doing distance runs each weekend and a short home workout during the week after work. 29th November is my date to take my measurements again and hopefully I will see an improvement!
  • brandillyn
    brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm down almost 7lbs! WOOO!!!

I really need a kick in the butt with working out. :( I'm royally failing at that part..

I hope to lose 5lbs in November, but my mother-in-law is coming for a whole two weeks and she isn't all that positive with people that are trying to better themselves. Trying to prepare myself for a bunch of arguments.
  • fitnessmum_uk
    fitnessmum_uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I lost 12.4lbs in October...through a lot of exercise and strict eating...I treated myself occasionally and think I went out for dinner 3x in the month... For me that is really good! In November I would like to loose 10lbs. Hopefully I can be more disciplined and get my eating cleaned up. I find when I eat breakfast lunch and dinner, I still have loads of calories left over!!
  • ShadowDancer0
    ShadowDancer0 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Maybe I don't belong in this group. I have a lot more to lose than 10 pounds. And I work out on the other side of the gym.:smile:
  • snshne31
    snshne31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Since I am so close to "goal weight" my goals are not weight bound. I am going to measure my push-ups and pull-ups (unassisted) and look to gain 20% in November!!!

Myra
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Will take a current count Saturday and measure again end of month November. Can't wait!!!!!
  • alyssajayds40
    alyssajayds40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Didn’t burn or gain in October, had knee surgery so I can get moving in November. My goals in November are:

1. Get moving and tame “The Beast”! (that is what we call the stairmaster 7000 in our gym)
    2. Burn off 10 pounds of fat.
    3. Hike back up Kings Mt.
    4. Eat only clean and healthy
    5. Cardio 6 days a week and 4 days resistance/strength training.