Healthy Breakfast Ideas

Options
I think this is my number one meal I struggle with! I seem to get burned out on boiled eggs/egg whites. Does anyone have recipe ideas for a yummy day starter? :happy:

Replies

• bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've started mixing protein powder in with fat free greek yogurt. You can also google recipes for mini meatloaves. theya re basically lean ground meat, some shredded veggies and egg and breadcumbs, other add ins and you cook them in muffin tins. perfect for on the go. I also do egg whites, real eggs...
  • cssyti
    cssyti Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I eat Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwiches, they are under 280 calories. I also tried Smart ones breakfast bowl for 220 calories today. It wasn't bad but I prefer Jimmy Dean Delights sandwiches.
  • LynnBee
    Options
    For a quick portable breakfast on weekdays I usually do the Quaker Oats High Fiber Instant Oatmeal ( I like the Maple and Brown Sugar, or you could get Plain and then flavor it yourself) and a piece of fruit.
  • LynnBee
    Options
    I've been meaning to try those Jimmy Dean Delights!
  • JennieT7161
    JennieT7161 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've done the mini muffins omelets before too but I don't add breadcrumbs - my hubby is gluten free so I try not to bring too many things into the house that he can't eat. My best breakfasts are fruit and yogurt, yogurt with some Cheerios mixed in, oatmeal, cottage cheese with fruit, or almonds. Breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food if you don't want it to be.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I make kinda like a egg white delight from McDonalds. I use a wheat english muffin 3 eggs white cheese of my choice and some ham... and its easy and so yummy...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I've done the mini muffins omelets before too but I don't add breadcrumbs - my hubby is gluten free so I try not to bring too many things into the house that he can't eat. My best breakfasts are fruit and yogurt, yogurt with some Cheerios mixed in, oatmeal, cottage cheese with fruit, or almonds. Breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food if you don't want it to be.
    i am also gluten free. McCann's Irish oatmeal or organic cornmeal or parmesan cheese (shredded, not grated) are good substitutes for bread crumbs.

Breakfast for me is yogurt and a GF cereal bar; r peanut butter, fruit and GF toast; or Chex cereal with fruit and a handful of nuts..
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've been into smoothies and oatmeal lately. I'm in love with the pumpkin praline instant oatmeal from Trader Joe's. I like to add 1/2 an apple, cut up into tiny pieces, into the bowl before I cook the oatmeal. The apples soften and sweeten while the oatmeal cooks.

For smoothies, I usually do something like:

Plain fat free greek yogurt
    Unsweetened coconut milk
    Kale and/or spinach
    1/2 banana
    Frozen blueberries
    1/3 apple - just started adding this and it changed my life - it adds sweetness and helps cover up the taste of the greens without adding a lot of calories

Sometimes I add peanut butter.

Another go-to is a sunny-side up egg with sliced avocado on whole wheat toast, with some salt and pepper.
  • brandilynb
    brandilynb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ive heard so many things about Trader Joe's Ive got to locate one in my area!