Weigh In Week 10/28

Options
luluinca
luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
I thought we might as well do a weigh in every week to track our progress for those of us who want to. Weigh in whichever day you want. I'll try to remember to put a new post up every Monday for those of us who are interested. I already checked in this week and lost a couple more pounds............so yay. I've now lost three since we began the challenge a week ago, of course one was really from the week before as I weighed in last week on Wed. No matter, I'm under 220 for the first time in quite awhile. In August I weighed 234 and started swimming at home to lose weight. When I found MFP in September I weighed 231 so at 218 now I'm pretty happy at how things are working out.

I've been working my butt off in both the pool (at the gym now) and doing circuit training.....................yikes. I seriously never thought I'd be doing all this six weeks ago. And truth be told I'm enjoying all of it and even the lower calories.

How are all of y'all doing?

Replies

• HiImJayme
    HiImJayme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job, lulu! 218 is a a milestone for me and I can't wait to see it! It was what I weighed when I graduated from college. I had been working hard at weight watchers for several months and it was my goal to graduate weighing less than I did when I graduated from high school. At 5'9, I felt pretty good at 218 (I was size 14-16) so, I can't wait to get there and then leave it in the dust this time.

I'll weigh in on Wednesday- hoping I can match your freshly lost couple of lbs!
  • luluinca
    Options
    You're doing really well also col10smama. My weight were I start to feel more comfortable is in the 190's, but like you I'd like to beat that. I've weighed as low as 135 but that was many, many years ago...............lol. I'd be happy at 165. My trainer said that should get me to normal range.
  • luluinca
    Options
    I'll be watching for you on Weds. Jayme. I hope you beat me...............lol
  • HiImJayme
    Options
    :devil:
  • ShaeB32
    ShaeB32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ive had a bad last couple of days. But I've managed to lose 2 lbs since the challenge started. I know I'm going to pay for the last couple of days later this week when I weight in.

I'll be working extra hard the rest of this week.
  • luluinca
    Options
    The weekends are the hardest. Sometimes we just have to just get back on the horse as difficult as it is right? Mine was the weekend before that...................a home cooked brunch at my daughter's, with Mimosas...............yikes.

You can do this sharmin.
  • HiImJayme
    Options
    Was down 3.25 this morning. It was unexpected since I'm feeling a little sore and was just over my calorie goal a few days last week (damn those mini Halloween candy bars). I'll take it though.

Down 5.25 since the group started.

Good luck to everyone else weighing today and the rest of the week!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I hope I remember to weigh-in here weekly!

So far I am down 4.9 pounds. I'll weigh myself again on Friday!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Wow, you're both doing really well. I'm going to weigh myself again Friday as I think I'll be down again after two circuit classes this week.

What are you doing for exercise? I'm always curious, and if any of you want to be friends we could share diaries and other friends etc. I have a small group of friends who religiously check in everyday with each other, sometimes several times a day. Some of us are burning 800 to 900 calories a day so we're pretty active. I'm one of the oldest at 63 but we're all ages and most still have over 50 pounds to lose if you're interested.

Here's my exercise schedule now.

Mon: Circuit 30 minutes, swim 30 minutes
    Tues: Swim 45 minutes, Circuit 60 minutes (class)
    Wed: Rest but I do some resistance, stretching, etc at home and clean at least one room thoroughly
    Thurs: Swim 45 minutes, Circuit 60 minutes (class)
    Friday: Circuit 30 minutes, swim 30 minutes
    Sat: Play day, running errands, but I still do some things at home and also walk the dog
    Sun: Circuit 30 minutes, swim 30 minutes

I don't count all these calories as burn thoughtbecause I think MFP's numbers are a little high so I only credit myself with about 75% of the minutes and only eat back about 200 to 250 of my calories.

I'm always curious about what others are doing, especially if it's working for you, which it obviously is. Excellent work both of you.

EDIT: I'm down 3 pounds since we started but hopefully I'll catch you both on Friday...................hahaha, but it's not a contest of course!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day!
    SW 330
    JW: 296 (group join weight)
    CW: 294

So down 1lb this week, last week I lost 1 as well, so I am down 2lbs since joining the group. WOOT! Only 8 more to go until I get to post in the 1st 10lb loss thread!!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Fantastic fpelletier! I think it'll be really great following everyone's journey. I like the idea of checking in once a week at least for those who enjoy the benefits of having friends here. We can really encourage each other I think.
  • HiImJayme
    Options
    I have a hard time remembering that it is not a contest. I'm a naturally competitive person so, on the inside I'm competing with you all but will do my best not to project that :laugh:

As far as exercise, I either go to the gym or walk/jog in my neighborhood 5x per week. I lift heavy (to me) 2x per week right now and hope to do more and more of that as my fitness increases. My week looks something like this:
    Monday: off day from exercise (I work 11 hours on Mondays)
    Tuesday: 45 min-1 hour cardio
    Wednesday: weigh day, off from exercise (11 hour work day)
    Thursday: 45min cardio, weight train
    Friday: 45-1 hour cardio
    Saturday: 45-1 hour cardio, weight train
    Sunday: 45-1 hour cardio
    For cardio I do either the elliptical, bike or jog/walk on the treadmill or in my neighborhood. When I walk in the neighborhood, I usually push my 24 lb 13 month old in his stroller. He loves to go with me but I normally try to exercise during his nap time so I can focus on pushing myself.

Eta: I log the full amount of time that I work out BUT I always change the calories and intensity. I usually give myself 10 cal per minute for "vigerous-ish" effort which would be elip. on high resistance or jogging but for walking I give myself less. maybe 5-7 cal. per minute. I don't worry too much about the accuracy of my exercise calories- I eat them back if I'm hungry, I don't if I'm not.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Thanks for the insight on calorie burns and eating them back Jayme, it was really helpful.

I keep notes on my exercise page so I know exactly what I've counted and not, compared to how much time I actually spent working out. It's all a guestimate anyway I think. I know on the days I swim 1/2 mile and do circuit class I'm pretty hungry and so eat closer to 250 or 300 back and try to get more protein in. I'm also really careful to include everything I eat and weigh and measure my food now. I didn't start out doing that and underestimated some of my food calories but figured that out pretty quickly. I wasn't too far off on meats but was way off on my TBS's of things like salad dressing, oils and even non-fat coffee mate. Those calories add up at the end of the day.
  • HiImJayme
    Options
    I agree about the tbs./tbsp. adding up. Have you tried, instead of pouring the salad dressing, dipping your fork in before putting the salad on? That is one of the few helpful tricks I learned at WW years ago and I find that I use so much less but still have the satisfaction of the taste with every bite.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Great idea on the salad dressing............I'll try it today at lunch. I've never done weight watchers but my youngest daughter did really well with it a couple of years ago, and kept the weight off.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh on Friday mornings, so when I weigh in on Nov 1 I will post

Beginning group weight: 260
    Oct 30 - CW: 256.8
    Down 3.2 lbs since start

CW Nob. 1: ?

Next 10 lbs Celebration : 250!!
    Ivy
  • luluinca
    Options
    Great job so far PoisonIvy. Can't wait for all of us to hit that 10 lb mark. I keep looking at that bag of potatoes for inspiration. I'll check back in on you Friday. I may weigh in again then as well and then stick to Fridays.
  • ecmont032
    ecmont032 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    since the group got started I'm down 3 lbs

starting weight 270.4
    weight when group started 233
    current weight: 230
  • luluinca
    Options
    Congrats on the 3 lost ecmont and the 40 as well.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Well, today was suppose to be weigh-in day but I managed to get out of the house without doing it. I refuse to weigh if I can't do it at the same time of the day. So for this week.....I'll keep to nothing loss. Hopefully, that will make next weeks weigh-in really spectacular!