Started induction yesterday

Options
Hey guys,

Back on MFP after experiencing the joy of losing 30 lbs going low carb, and then the disappointment and embarrassment of gaining it all back. I made the mistake of thinking I was "safe", and I could go back to my old eating habits without consequence (makes no sense I know).

I haven't tried Atkins before, but it looks like something I can do. I weighed myself yesterday morning and felt like I hit rock bottom. I decided I need to get back on track and make that number move down. It should be easier this time, now I know it's possible, and how great it feels!

I weighed in yesterday at 165 lbs. Started induction then and there, and this morning it read 163.5! I know the beginning is a lot of water weight, and I'm fully aware that it will slow down, fluctuate, etc. However, the motivation boost I got from that made me super determined to stick with it thru thick and thin! I know this can work.

I would very much appreciate any support I can get. I get motivated when others do well, I'd like some friends that are also doing Atkins, at any stage. Thanks for listening!

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I lost 20 lbs the first 2 months and have been kind of plateaued since then. I guess you don't actually call it a plateau when you haven't been following the program though! :blushing:

Trying to get back on track for the winter and finish this weight loss phase so I can move on to stabilization before Spring!
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes! Stabilization! That's where I failed, those later phases are just as important as actually getting the weight off in the first place.

Good luck to you and getting back on track, you've done an amazing job so far, congrats on 23 lbs, can't wait til I'm in your shoes! I'm sending you a FR, I think we can help each other...
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I had a lot of success on Atkins/low carb and was doing decent until I got pregnant with my son and I let myself go crazy on calories. I have a lot more weight to lose than you and I'm kinda always in the Induction-ish phase even though I don't follow Atkins to a T. You've done this before and you know it works!
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes! Stabilization! That's where I failed, those later phases are just as important as actually getting the weight off in the first place.

Good luck to you and getting back on track, you've done an amazing job so far, congrats on 23 lbs, can't wait til I'm in your shoes! I'm sending you a FR, I think we can help each other...

Sounds good - welcome back!
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am doing a version of Ideal Protein and we recently have been required to read the New Atkins book. I started the Induction a week ago and lost 1.2 pounds. I will tell you that my body is slow to responding to low carb but once I get rolling, I lose like nobody's business.
  • cominupmilhouse
    Options
    I am doing a version of Ideal Protein and we recently have been required to read the New Atkins book. I started the Induction a week ago and lost 1.2 pounds. I will tell you that my body is slow to responding to low carb but once I get rolling, I lose like nobody's business.

That's awesome! Complete opposite of me, I start strong then taper out. What's ideal protein?
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I've burned 55 lbs in a little less than four months. With the winter sports season coming up, if you do Atkins in conjunction with your workouts and snowboarding, you will easily burn what you want.
  • cominupmilhouse
    Options
    I've burned 55 lbs in a little less than four months. With the winter sports season coming up, if you do Atkins in conjunction with your workouts and snowboarding, you will easily burn what you want.

Wow, thanks! 55 lbs in just four months, that is so inspiring! Yes I'm very excited for the winter to come and working out becomes fun and effortless

Congrats on your loss!