• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    First time I made goal in awhile.

Congrats!
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Well, I was forced to take 10 days off due to an intense work project, but I still hit goal for my 10-miler today. Won't meet my mileage goal for the month, though. :frown: But I will definitely post an increase over last month, which is a win in itself! Now time to finalize my three remaining weeks of training before my first half!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Week of:
    6 Oct - 5 mi
    13 Oct - 44 mi
    20 Oct - 24 mi
    27 Oct - 27 mi (two races in there)

MTD - 100
    Goal - 125

Not gonna make my goal, not gonna push it either.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Successfully completed the Mount Desert Island Marathon last Sunday. It is funny that only running one day last week and my mileage was still 26.2 miles. The race was incredibly hilly. Mount Desert Island has 24 mountain peaks and we ran a lot of them! Wow~that was a tough race! Finished in 5:58. That doesn't sounds like much but I was 18 in my age division out of 36 ! I am finally a middle of the pack runner! Came in 215 overall women. Now to start training for my Ultra!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Successfully completed the Mount Desert Island Marathon last Sunday. It is funny that only running one day last week and my mileage was still 26.2 miles. The race was incredibly hilly. Mount Desert Island has 24 mountain peaks and we ran a lot of them! Wow~that was a tough race! Finished in 5:58. That doesn't sounds like much but I was 18 in my age division out of 36 ! I am finally a middle of the pack runner! Came in 215 overall women. Now to start training for my Ultra!

It's cool how one day of running equals many people's week. Great race and good job!
    Also, ultra next? That's awesome!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    SonicDeathMon said:
    Week of:
    6 Oct - 5 mi
    13 Oct - 44 mi
    20 Oct - 24 mi (took it easy - Achilles pain)

MTD - 73
    Goal - 125

I'm hoping to hit my goal for the month, and if I stick with my plan, I should.

Sorry about your Achilles, and hope it will get better soon.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Tried to back to half this weekend to train for Goofy in December, first went as planned (1:51 and some change), second was rough :noway: but I survived, while walking some during the race I still managed a strong (i.e., leaping, jogging across the) finish. :happy: (2:08 and some change). My plan was to be under 2 hrs, but far off the mark. :laugh:

Monthly mileage: 105! Above my monthly goal (of 100 miles).
  • Cooriander
    Options
    davemunger said:
    Week 4: 66.1 miles

MTD: 236

On track for 260, which would be my highest-mileage month ever!

Excellent!! Congrats on your record!!! WOW that is impressive.

Hoping to be in the 200s in November, sounds so far..
  • Cooriander
    Options
    MelisRunning said:

CONGRATS!! and especially on such a challenging course! WOW! and great age group finish, and middle pack ! I am very challenged by uphills, I really need to train on those, but I am really scared.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    A quiet taper run today
    30 Oct 2.73 miles
    WTD 7.23 miles

MTD 117.86 miles
  • davemunger
    Options
    So close! I'm at 255.5 out of my goal of 260 which will be a record for me. I'm planning on about 15 miles tomorrow so assuming that works out I should hit my goal. I believe this is already the most distance I've done in a month.
  • Cheval13
    Options
    So close! I'm at 255.5 out of my goal of 260 which will be a record for me. I'm planning on about 15 miles tomorrow so assuming that works out I should hit my goal. I believe this is already the most distance I've done in a month.

That's so awesome!

I was going to make my goal of 210 yesterday (which would have been a record for me as well), but I got injured. I'll see if I can run any tomorrow and how much I can get in. :)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Ended up with 150.6 including the marathon and its taper and a week off for recovery.

The total on the first page isn't adding up correctly for me, but the total carried over to the second page is correct.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Ended up with 150.6 including the marathon and its taper and a week off for recovery.

The total on the first page isn't adding up correctly for me, but the total carried over to the second page is correct.

Fixed it! Great month for you, Carson, with a Marathon PR and a solid recovery.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Week of:
    6 Oct - 5 mi
    13 Oct - 44 mi
    20 Oct - 24 mi
    27 Oct - 27 mi
    31 Oct - 15 mi

MTD - 115
    Goal - 125

Next month - 150, barring any natural disasters :)
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Just finished for the month ...

Month so far 22.2

19Oct->10.1
    26Oct->10.1
    28Oct->6.3
    29Oct->3.2
    30Oct->2.0
    31Oct->4.5

Total for October ... 58.4
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I ended up w/ 78.25 miles for October. Having strep for a week & tapering for a half another week really killed the mileage. Think I'm just going to aim for 85 for November. Happy Halloween!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I would like to try for 100 in November. Thanks!
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween!!
    Total for month 155 miles. 30 miles past my original goal and 5 past my revised goal. Resting tomorrow for Rocky raccoon 25K trail run Saturday.
  • Cheval13
    Options
    Next month - 150, barring any natural disasters :)

Awesome. :)