Tummy tuck completed

Options
Agate69
Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
Surgery for the abdominoplasty ( 7 -8 pounds of loose skin and fat gone.). Yesterday surgery took a little over 3 hours. I was back home 4 hours after surgery. This is far more pain than the RNY but should make a difference for exercise and yeast infections. I am cited to see results' but am very swollen and have big binder wrapped around me to hold it all together. I thought long and hard before doing this but it finally became a medical necessity and not jus cosmetic.

Thanks for all your supprt

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it went well. Everyone I have heard from has reported the same experience --5-7 pounds lost, more pain than RNY or sleeve, and all ecstatic with the outcome. Keep us posted.
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're doing well! Keep us updated on how things are going! Someday I'm gonna need a bit of that done, but on my arms. I can see it already lol
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Glad you are doing well. Prayers for quick recovery.
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations---the end result will be SSOOOOOOO worth it! Hang in there.
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So glad you are home and recovering! Take it easy and let yourself heal! I am excited to hear the results, but take it easy okay!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Day 2 post surgery. Slept better last night, but coughing and deep breathing is a bummer. Remember the incentive spirometer? It is back and sits and haunts you to use. Funny, no hunger at all. Forcing my self to eat a little, drink a lot. Sun is shining today, so will try and get out for brief walk. This better be worth it!
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    How did you get your insurance to pay for it? My RNY surgeon says insurance is very picky on what they will pay for. If you used 'yeast' as a reason, did your PCP need to submit documented evidence? I have only begun thinking about getting it done, but discouraged as to hard it will be to get it approved.
    Thanks,
    Christine
  • janisbirch
    janisbirch Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello:

I agree with this Group's Moderator, Risskie. It would be very helpful to many people here if you wouldn't mind sharing about the procedure to have the insurance pay or not. I recently went to my 3 month Post-Op Seminar, and this same subject was brought up. Unfortunately, my HMO, Kaiser Permenante, will NOT pay for it under any circumstances.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll be happy you made the decision to have this done. I hope you'll feel less pain as the hours go by; you poor thing. Take care, follow the doctor's orders, and very soon you'll be enjoying the NEW Revised Version of you! LOL