Introductions

Options
secostley
secostley Posts: 409 Member
Hey Folks! Welcome aboard. Since we're going to be hanging out the next 30 days, we might as well say hello and get to know each other. So....give me your:

Name:
Where ya from:
How long you've been on MFP:
Top three goals for the month of November:
Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist).

For me, I'm Shawn. I'm from Upper Marlboro, MD but currently live in Huntsville AL (Roll Tide!). I've been on MFP almost 1100 straight days. My top three goals for November: 1. Lose the four pounds; 2. Reduce my bodyfat by 1%; 3. Kick my fast food habit. My favorite sin food is definitely pizza.

Replies

• brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Name: Stacy Brown .....Born Htown Currently residing in Htown.
    been on MFP: since Mar 2011 i believe
    Top three goals for the month of November: 1) lose at least 10 pounds...hoping for more. 2) stick to a strong eating plan 3) be supportive and not get depressed. 
    Fav food is red velvet cheesecake

I plan on sticking this out cause I really need results
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My name is Shellan
    I am from Fort Mcmurray, AB
    I have used MFP a year ago for afew months and got great results. I have been back for a month so far
    Top three goals: clean eating, do my T25 video series to a t, increase my water intake
    Favorite sin food: chocolate
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Name: Cynthia
    Where ya from: Los Angeles
    How long you've been on MFP: August 2010
    Top three goals for the month of November: 1) Lose at least 5 lbs; 2) Increase exercise 1-2 days; 3) Drink more water
    Favorite "sin" food: Red Velvet Cake/Cupcake

This will be a big challenge for me, but I'm in!
  • Curvalicious_Cat
    Options
    Hi all! Can't wait for tmw

Name: Just call me "CurvyCat"
    Where ya from: California
    How long you've been on MFP: 2 weeks
    Top three goals for the month of November: clean up my eating, up my workouts to an hour a day and kick my sugar addiction
    Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist): Have a hard time resisting anything fried

Add me and I'll add back. ♥ We can do this ya'll!!!
  • mcflyima
    Options
    Hi! I'm Irma. From Los angeles but I've lived in multiple places in America, currently in Georgia. I've been on MFP for a few months but just discovered the forums today!! (So happy about it too!).

Top 3 goals: 1) Lose 1-2% body fat (and maintain!) 2) Work out EVERY SINGLE DAY! 3) 8 glasses water EVERY DAY

And my favorite sin food, that I definitely have wayyyy too often: ICECREAM!!!! (I'd be the healthiest person in the world if it weren't for icecream...)

Looking forward to helping everyone out! I may not log in Sundays as I am in church all day, but I'll definitely recap on Monday if that happens :)
  • DianneOct2913
    DianneOct2913 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Dianne from Ontario.
    This is a great challege for me as my Dr. has prescribed a clean eating diet.
  • Vnigma
    Vnigma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    Name: Veronica
    Where ya from: Gaborone, Botswana
    How long you've been on MFP: since July (but fell off the wagon)
    Top three goals for the month of November: be determined about weightloss, eat clean, and make exercise a habit
    Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist) all things junk related, incl fries and chocolate

Iv already ruined this day in terms of my eating, but just came across this challenge and have decided to join. I really need the support. maybe i should start by saying or rather admitting that iv completely fallen off the wagon in the sense that i am on weightloss aids because i dont feel i have it in me to actually lose the weight and keep it off. i have been taking some weightloss drinks as well as fat burning pills coz i want it to be fast and with as little effort it seems as possible which clearly just isnt realistic. I think i should actually jus get off all of it coz its jus giving me excuses to eat badly yet expect better results. my weight really fluctuates btween 86 and 83kg and im kinda down in the dumps. this week the one thing iv been able to commit to is a 24day ab challenge today was day 3. help...where do i start with everything im lacking motivation.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Name: Yonela
    Im from South Africa
    Ive been on MFP for 92 days
    Top three goals for the month of November: To lose 4 pounds and eat as clean as possible.
    Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist). Sugar in coffee (but atleast I use 1 tsp), bread, rusks and pasta...The way Im so desperate to lose weight Im really not interested at all in junk (burgers, pizza and fries)
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Marilyn and I live in Smalltown, Idaho

I lost 25 lbs on MFP in 2012 and quit. I rejoined in March of this year and have been on a stall the last couple of months.

Goals. 1) Lose consistently. This up & down on the scale has got to stop. 2) Exercise consistently - joined a group to burn 3500 calories per week for November. 3) Quit cheating - I don't log when I cheat so that I don't have to owe up.

Favorite Sin Food: Depends on my mood. I either want candy (sweets) or chips (salt). And... I don't stop at one.

Happy to be here. Good luck to all of you. We CAN and WILL do this :glasses:
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    Hi There! My name is Becky, I'm from Salem, Oregon. I logged in to MFP for over 400 days, then I left for a few months, and now I have been back for 110 days. I continued logging when I was gone, and have been consistent at this for almost 5 years. My top 3 goals for November are to stop with the chocolate, get back to working out consistently and to hit my 50 pound loss, I'm almost there! (I had my gall bladder removed two months ago, so my eating and working out has been off due to the changes it causes.) Chocolate is currently my favorite and I'm struggling to let it go. So hopefully this motivation will help!
  • zeltoria
    Options
    :wink: Hi I am Michelle. I am from Kc,mo. I am happy to be here making new friends with the same goals as mine. To be healthy and happy. Chocolate is my obsession even though now I have narrowed it down to dark and all other chocolate no longer taste good. I am just starting logging on this website. I was on LS for a few years. I am wanting to t ry something new here and meet new peeps to help me be supportive and be supported. I use to weigh 284 and am currently at 233. I am proud of that however I always feel like it should be more. Silly I know. I eat around 1200 for a 5 foot one frame. I eat mostly fresh veggies and chicken. I am never hungry cuz I eat every 2 hours approx. I do not care for exercise so I have to talk myself into it each time. Unfortunately when I stop for a day I tend to not get back to it for weeks. Which is where I am currently at. I love getting messages from people so feel free to send me some. Sometimes it brings me down that I struggle and yet others can eat and do what they wish without getting heavier. You would think at 41 years of age I would be more grown up about it. Goal is to lose 8 pds by thanksgiving. Get back to exercise even thoug it is only 10 min long for 5 times a week. To not eat past 8:30 pm.
  • partiesbytara
    Options
    Name: Tara
    Where ya from: Stuart, FL
    How long you've been on MFP: Joined last year but never really kept up with it. Re-starting now :)
    Top three goals for the month of November: More water intake, physical activity daily, lose at minimum 10 pounds.
    Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist). - I cruise a lot and I want to be able to go on a cruise and still enjoy myself without eating everything in sight!
  • belikedurkheim
    Options
    Name: Jenn
    Where ya from: Huntington Beach, California
    How long you've been on MFP: third day!
    Top three goals for the month of November: do more resistance training at least 2x a week; increase my weekly running mileage by .10%; no binge episodes
    Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist). Trader Joes Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies- I can eat the whole bag in a sitting
  • Kyog
    Kyog Posts: 32
    Options
    Name: Kyoko.

Top three goals:
    - Train for 10 mile run on 8th Dec
    - Eat wholesome, nutritious food, seeing the benefits of cutting out crap.
    - Get to 10 stone or under!

Favourite sin food: Pizza! Hot vegetarian from Pizza Palace. Amazing.

Day two is going great! wholewheat pasta is being prepared. Getting carbs in for 10k training run tomorrow!
  • mya_bella
    mya_bella Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Name: Mirna

Where ya from: Hyattsville, MD

How long you've been on MFP: Since 2011 or 2012 (can't remember)

Top three goals for the month of November: (1) get back below 200; (2) increase workouts/water intake; (3) eat clean and no cheat meals

Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist); sadly anything that taste delicious (chinese food, fried food, spanish food, italian, etc.) ;o(

Feel free to add me.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathy

Where ya from: Orginally... lil town in the texas panhandle close to Amarillo.... I currently live in Tucson, AZ.

How long you've been on MFP: For awhile, its not been consistent though. Life keeps getting in the way

Top three goals for the month of November: (1) return to non-reactive food eating; (2) do detox recommended or at least get it started... ; (3) figure out how to make holiday foods without any reactive foods... (whats a holiday food without sugar... sigh)

Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist): Pizza...sigh... Pepperoni... from dominos
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Kim in Oklahoma
    MFP for 160 days!
    November goals: 1) complete my first 5K race ever, 2) lose another 8 lbs,, and 3) end up with the right amount of protein vs. fat on my food diary for each day.
    Favorite sin food would have been anything my mom cooked, but since she is no longer with us, I have a chance to make this weight loss thing happen for good.
  • swim_anyway
    Options
    Name: Colleen
    Where ya from: live in Frederick, MD
    How long you've been on MFP: On and off for a while, but restarting this month
    Top three goals for the month of November:

1)Log MFP every day, goals met or not
    2)Exercise 6 days a week (any kind to gain the habit-includes walking or yoga). This has been tricky, as I have a challenged knee, so getting pool time for swimming is important.
    3)Cut refined flour products (bread, pasta) to 1 serving per day.

Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist). Toast with butter.
  • HCGJOURNI167
    HCGJOURNI167 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: "Journi"
    Where ya from: I am originally from Florida, now living in Germany.
    How long you've been on MFP: About a year I believe.
    Top three goals for the month of November: 1) get below 220lbs 2)feel good in my own skin 3) Committment to the process
    Favorite "sin" food (that irresistable "unhealthy" food you just can't resist). There are really no foods I cannot resist, but there are times when I am more vulnerable than others for indulging.

I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing in your success.

~Journi