*Official Week Three Thread*

Options
13»

Replies

• soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Aw Shelley I hope you're day gets better!!! I think you do a great job...

thanks Im doing better now :)
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    First off I want to say, I did not send any email / message to soccerella. Those she received was from other members. I posted here in the main group page.

Soccerella, the way you inteneded on the auction to go, was what I had said to my coach yesterday. That it should of been for a 24 hr period so everyone had a shot to bid on the items. I see now, that is what you had wanted. Up to 8pm tonight.

I know you and the coaches are doing your best and your just regular people like the rest of us. I just now saw my coach doing 1hr bids again, and mentioned, she may want to come read your post that you just put up.

I was not upset that I don't have equipment, and I think that is what others here are thinking. I was upset to the unfairness to it. Now I see, it was just the Orange team, not all of the BL challengers.

I am sorry if I offended anyone in my posts here, I was really upset, and I wasn't having a really good day to begin with. (I lost my sister 3yrs ago and the death anniversary is next Monday, so I am a little out of sorts to begin with. Then just like Soccerella said, she gets here online to check out the challenge and I found most all was auctioned off 100% within 20 minutes of notice. I do sleep in the afternoons due to working 3rd shift. I don't expect special treatment at all. I do expect stuff to be done fairly though.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone and I am not one of the people who sent Soccerella any email messages. Only message I sent was a reply to my coach who was sorry about the way the auction was held. I still was not mean in my reply either. Hope you all have a wonderful day and Happy Halloween (going to be a really rainy, strong winds, possible tornadic weather in my neck of the woods this afternoon evening. Not good for the trick or treaters at all.
  • soccerella
    Options
    First off I want to say, I did not send any email / message to soccerella. Those she received was from other members. I posted here in the main group page.

I'll confirm this, you were not one of the mean messages :flowerforyou:
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options

I'll confirm this, you were not one of the mean messages :flowerforyou:

Is there anyway you can explain the way this auction is suppose to be done to my coach? She still doesn't understand it. She is going to put up, just one item at a time for only 1hr time span. Thank you in advance.
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    shelly - i think this is a fantastic challenge based on the show. i genuinely appreciate your creativity and all the work you put into running this group. it's sad that some teams ran it unfairly... although i don't think the purple team has bid on anything :laugh: i still think it's a great challenge! you're right you don't deserve to be talked to meanly (nor does anyone) just because it's not face to face. just wanted to say thanks for all the work you put into running this group! :flowerforyou: katie
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yes thanks Shelly you are doing a fantastic job! Like you said you are not getting paid for this. You are spending your precious time, money and energy on us. Just know you are greatly appreciated. We all have one common goal and that is to lose wait so have a great week everyone!!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing an awesome job with the challenge!

Thank You for all your hard work! You are appreciated! :flowerforyou:
  • mmommaj
    mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing a wonderful job with coming up with the challenges and such. I know that you have to be creative and I couldn't do it...so I applaud your hard work.
    The one thing I hated about this last episode of BL was how the people laid blame on the lack of equipment. So they lost 2 pounds, their body was adjusting and that's okay...but nearly everyone commented about how it was due to their lack of equipment. (They had to be like us "normal" people for a week) :)
    Thank you for all your hard work.
    Mell
  • loveme445
    Options
    Questions: If we did not win the exercise videos, are we allowed to use workout games on the wii/xbox? Stairmaster? I know these things are not on the list but I just want to make sure....
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I just mapped out what we walked last night on walkjogrun.net and it looks like we went 2.5 miles. I also went to the gym yesterday morning for my dance class but I was early so I ran a mile on the treadmill. I totaled 3.5 miles on Halloween. Don't know if that counts cause it wasn't consecutive but its worth a try. Oh, and I was sorta dressed up... gypsy meets hillbilly maybe... I had on a sequined dress (over my jeans with boots), a beaded head band and necklace, and my northface jacket. This is what I ended up with after hours of trying on different combinations from our box of Halloween costumes and accessories.
  • loveme445
    Options
    optional challenge: Complete the "Ghostly gallop" - Tomorrow is halloween and your goal is to complete a 5k (3.1 miles) You can do this walking, jogging, skipping, etc. You might even get it just walking the kiddos around trick or treating! Let us know what you did, how you felt, and especially if you were in costume or not. If you complete it your reward is a piece of halloween candy of your choice

I walked over 7 miles yesterday :noway: I went trick or treating with my youngest at his school & then we went with family members that night. Glad I wore my pedometer because I would have never thought I walked that much yesterday.

Hope everyone is having a great week! :smile:
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I dragged my best friend to the trail yesterday and we walked the 5k. It was tough because it's the longest/farthest I've walked in a really long time, but I still feel fantastic because of it. At the end, she even asked if we could make it a regular thing.

Thank you for creating that optional challenge. Without it, I'm not sure that I would have pushed myself to do that. :)
  • tambam72
    tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Shelley:
    Thank you for creating the challenges. I think they are awesome. Most of my girls did not even want to do the auction because they do not use the gym or equipment, but rather walk/run , or use things in nature. There were only a few of us that used the gym, or exercise videos, so basically any one who did bid won their bid.
    I agree with the you in saying sometimes you have to learn to think out of the box. Not every day, every week, will we be in the same environment. You have to be secure that you can work out even of it is not your"norm". Like I stated to the one contestant if I had won the flour and sugar, I would have used them as my weights for the week and hauled them all around the ranch. Do you know how much weight you could lose if you were carrying over 200lbs all over the ranch. I am also hosting a walking challenge on another site and one of the challenges I gave the contestants was to take a backpack and fill it with the amount the had lost in canned goods and go for a walk around the neighborhood. I did this and hiked 5 miles and the next day I weighed 3 pounds less and had a great appreciation for the weight I had loss and knew I did not want to put that back into my body. Also sometimes, we get injured. I learned after blowing out my left knee that you can't just quit. Just because I couldn't walk, workout on an elliptical etc., I couldn't quit> I bought a hand bike and started lifting weights. You have to be flexible!! The more flexible you are with your workouts, the more you will confuse your body, the more weight you will lose, not my line, but told to me by many physical therapists.
    So thank you Shelley. You do an awesome job and we do appreciate you even though it is not said often. I hope everyone is enjoying their challenges and having a great week!!
  • soccerella
    Options
    Hope everyone has had a good week - Sorry I havent been on here much, I ended up with food poisoning this weekend, yay!

Its nice to see so many people did the 5k on halloween. I actually didnt (at least nogt intentionally) but I did run color me rad on sunday which was alot of fun! There were four of us who did it, including one girl who basically never ran before. Shes got the runnign bug now though since I woke up this morning to find an email from her asking about several upcoming races which is exciting! Its always nice to see people getting interesting in some type of physical activity

I see that alot of weights are already in so great job if you have! If not, remember to get them to your coach or on your spreadsheet by 8 PM EST tonight!
This discussion has been closed.