1/2 cup sweet rice flour
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup cooked quinoa
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup water

Add Ins:
I’m going to try cinnamon and brown sugar, or black pepper and parmesan cheese, or herbs, or pb2 or something, crackers are pretty neutral tasting so have fun with add ins. I made them plain and dipped them in spinach dip

Topping: if you like
1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 to 2 tablespoons flax seeds
1 to 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
sea salt and cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Place the sorghum flour, sweet rice flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt in a food processor. Give it a whirl or two then add the quinoa and olive oil. Process until combined. Slowly add the water, while processing, just until the dough forms a ball. Stop at this point and don't add anymore water.

Divide the dough ball into 3 equal pieces. Place one dough ball on a sheet of parchment paper. Place another piece on top, flatten the dough with your hands and then begin rolling into a large, thin circle. Be sure to roll the dough ultra-thin.

Remove the top layer of parchment and sprinkle with seeds. Gently roll them into the dough (gently).

Slide the rolled-out dough onto a large cookie sheet. Use a pizza cutter to slice the dough into small squares.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Watch baking time carefully as it will totally depend on the thickness of your crackers! Crackers will crisp up as they cool. Store in an airtight jar

Really really good! really really easy, I find I already have the ingredients in my pantry so cheaper than buying pkg crackers

Replies

• laceylucas86
    laceylucas86 Posts: 120
    Options
    Nobody interested in this recipie??? it's good!!!!
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just saw it now....definitely gonna try these!
    Thanks for the recipe.
  • laceylucas86
    laceylucas86 Posts: 120
    Options
    LOL so easy! I really love them :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    just starting out here with GF, and the crackers out there are :sick:

I will have to pick up these ingredients at Whole Foods and see what I can do! SOund delish with my hummus:drinker:
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yum! Can't wait to try these!
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Quinoa Sorghum Crackers

Crackers:
    1 cup sorghum flour
    1/2 cup sweet rice flour
    2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon sea salt
    3/4 cup cooked quinoa
    6 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 cup water

Add Ins:
    I’m going to try cinnamon and brown sugar, or black pepper and parmesan cheese, or herbs, or pb2 or something, crackers are pretty neutral tasting so have fun with add ins. I made them plain and dipped them in spinach dip

Topping: if you like
    1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
    1 to 2 tablespoons flax seeds
    1 to 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
    sea salt and cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Place the sorghum flour, sweet rice flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt in a food processor. Give it a whirl or two then add the quinoa and olive oil. Process until combined. Slowly add the water, while processing, just until the dough forms a ball. Stop at this point and don't add anymore water.

Divide the dough ball into 3 equal pieces. Place one dough ball on a sheet of parchment paper. Place another piece on top, flatten the dough with your hands and then begin rolling into a large, thin circle. Be sure to roll the dough ultra-thin.

Remove the top layer of parchment and sprinkle with seeds. Gently roll them into the dough (gently).

Slide the rolled-out dough onto a large cookie sheet. Use a pizza cutter to slice the dough into small squares.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Watch baking time carefully as it will totally depend on the thickness of your crackers! Crackers will crisp up as they cool. Store in an airtight jar

Really really good! really really easy, I find I already have the ingredients in my pantry so cheaper than buying pkg crackers
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Approximately how many crackers does this make make?
    I don't have the sorghum flour yet and was wondering if its really worth purchasing it.This sounds really good though !
    :flowerforyou:
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    It made enough to fill an 8 cup container for me, enough for me to take 10-15 crackers a day in my lunch for two weeks
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Glad I saw this today, it's monthly sale day at the health food store, I need to get sorghum, I can't wait to try them!! Thanks for posting.