Looking Like a Noob?!

Options
TriLifter
TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
I've been doing NROL4W for three weeks now, but have been lifting heavy for over a year, including StrongLifts 5x5. Yesterday, I was at the gym doing S1 workout A, and some random guy told me that I wasn't doing anything for my body and that I should be doing a circuit-style isolation routine. He wasted 30 minutes of my time because I am horrible at being rude to strangers. Ugh! Did I look like a noob who needed help?!

Replies

• 40mpw
    40mpw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with the term "mansplainer?"
    1. Mansplainer
    A man whom by virtue of the authority and privilege vested in him by society feels entitled to preach or explain how the world works. Bonus, if he is speaking to women, whom he perceives to be naive and ignorant, about problems and concerns with which women have real life every day experience, and the man has NO f'ing clue what he is talking about. This is usually done in a patronizing insensitive manner.

from: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mansplainer
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with the term "mansplainer?"
    1. Mansplainer
    A man whom by virtue of the authority and privilege vested in him by society feels entitled to preach or explain how the world works. Bonus, if he is speaking to women, whom he perceives to be naive and ignorant, about problems and concerns with which women have real life every day experience, and the man has NO f'ing clue what he is talking about. This is usually done in a patronizing insensitive manner.

from: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mansplainer

Love it! That sounds about right.
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You're not being rude if you tell someone "Thank you, but I'm sticking to my own plan." If anything, the guy is being rude for lecturing you. Helping someone out with form and such is okay in my opinion, but pushing your own ideas is not.