Level 1 D1 Check in

Options
Hi Guys,

I love an AM workout so I got my L1D1 done at 6am this morning.

How are you feeling?

When did you get your workout in today?

This is the start of something beautiful....Lets do this!

Replies

• MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm the one who joined in this group even though I'm ahead of you guys on the workout. So here I am to encourage you all!! :wink:

I did Level 1 Day 10 today...and Jillian isn't lying. Day 10 seems almost "easy" compared to Day 1!

hey-you-can-do-it_6287803_lrg.jpg

******************************************************************************************************

Now here are a few helpful hints to those who are new to The 30 Day Shred:

-- Listen to your body. No one wants to be a "quitter" but there is a BIG difference between "feel the burn" and "you're injuring yourself!" If it is painful (but not in that muscle-tired kind of pain) listen to your body and modify the move. You want to finish this thing, not end up laid out with an injury!!!

-- Take a "recovery day" if you need it. Even Jillian herself has said more recently that it is good to have a day or two of active recovery time during your week when you are working out hard. Active recovery does not equal sitting on the couch all day eating potato chips. :laugh: It means easy, pleasant movement. Depending on your fitness level, that might mean take an easy jog, or have a pleasant bike ride, or walk your dog. Move, but not strenuously on your recovery day.

-- There is NO SHAME in taking longer than 30 Days to do the 30 Day Shred. Unless you are already built like the girls in the video, your body is going to need some rest days. Do not feel guilty about this!

-- Practice good form. Less reps with good form is much better than lots of reps with bad form.

-- How to get a better chest fly: Roll up a towel or small blanket and put it under your back, right along your spine from the waistline up to between the shoulder blades when you are doing the chest flies. This will offer you a fuller range of motion.
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just finished... OMG someone shoot me now!!!!! I feel like I have spaghetti legs..... but I did it!!!! Come on tomorrow..... :grumble:
  • Olive24219
    Olive24219 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just finished as well and I'm exhausted. Man, it sure doesn't take long to get out of shape!! One thing I do need to do is go buy a set of 5 pound dumbbells as all I have are ten's (back from my in shape days...) and I found them to be too much.... hopefully it won't take long and I will be up to the 10's. What size are you guys using?
  • aries7298
    Options
    I just finished as well and I'm exhausted. Man, it sure doesn't take long to get out of shape!! One thing I do need to do is go buy a set of 5 pound dumbbells as all I have are ten's (back from my in shape days...) and I found them to be too much.... hopefully it won't take long and I will be up to the 10's. What size are you guys using?

I actually started with a set of 3 lb ones..... they were the first ones I found.
  • Loluka88
    Loluka88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 4th day now and it's rough! I had to take a rest day after day two because I was worried I pulled something. I can use 5 lb weights for everything except the side lunge where we bring the weights up to our eyes on the third circuit. For that I have to use 2 lb weights otherwise it's just too hard for me.
  • reveerie
    reveerie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 1 , sore butt sore thighs, difficulty in sitting and standing . :sad: :laugh: :laugh:
    Loving it.
  • PecorinoRomano
    PecorinoRomano Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can use 5 lb weights for everything except the side lunge where we bring the weights up to our eyes on the third circuit. For that I have to use 2 lb weights otherwise it's just too hard for me.

I'm on day 2 and that's exactly what I'm doing with my weights as well. That third circuit is a killer!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done! Okay so I started it at 11..45p.m. So finished on 2nd November!
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group! I've been looking for some motivation. Didn't run this morning and figured I just wouldn't exercise today. Saw this group, joined, went down stairs and just completed day 1. I had started these workouts last spring, but never finished. With this group I am hoping to maintain my motivation!
  • dionnehillwaugh
    dionnehillwaugh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

This calendar is a great way to track our progress and keep us motivated (i think). Here goes the web link;

http://followpics.net/30-days-shred-calendar/

take a look!
  • aries7298
    Options
    Hi Guys,

This calendar is a great way to track our progress and keep us motivated (i think). Here goes the web link;

http://followpics.net/30-days-shred-calendar/

take a look!

I like this!!!! Thanks! :-)
  • Jmoss4852
    Jmoss4852 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was very eventful for me and with all that happened, plus working I did not get day 1 in with the rest of y'all. :(

I did, however, complete my day 1 this morning! I felt like when it began that I would soar through it, easy peasy. By the time I got to the side lunges with a shoulder raise I thought I was going to die. Haha. My arms feels like jello! I very much expect to be sore by this afternoon.

Have a great day, y'all! :)
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was extremely busy but I still managed to complete Level 1 Day 1 by 11pm. Then woke up this morning at 8 amd completed Level 1 Day 2. I love this workout and have no been successful at keeping it going so I am hoping this group will help that.
  • fatmichie123
    Options
    Hi How many calories does level one burn? How do you enter it on mfp? Let me know.

Thank you
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi How many calories does level one burn? How do you enter it on mfp? Let me know.

Alot of people here enter The 30 Day Shred workout using "circuit training.' That's what I do too.
  • fatmichie123
    Options
    O.k. thank you!
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options
    I can use 5 lb weights for everything except the side lunge where we bring the weights up to our eyes on the third circuit. For that I have to use 2 lb weights otherwise it's just too hard for me.

I'm on day 2 and that's exactly what I'm doing with my weights as well. That third circuit is a killer!
  • AnnaZimm70
    Options

Oops, sorry about the double post (is there a way to go back and delete or amend a post one has done?). Anyway, I am so glad to hear I am not the only one having issues with the side lunges. I've been doing with 5 lb. weights, but can't do the full minute without some mini-breaks!