this has changed my life

Options
I have been suffering greatly for the past 3+ years with hip bursitis..as I like to be active and run or lift,I am ALWAYS in pain.
A great deal of it actually.
I have tried everything under the sun..tiger balm works a bit,advil kills my guts,massage,osteopath,everything has worked to some extent but not really.
I have been taking magnesium citrate and have great results for muscle recovery after a heavy workout but found it hard on my stomach and I am not in need of the laxative side effects.
I did some research and found that another form of magnesium might be the better choice.
I was not expecting the results.
I started taking 400mg of magnesium glycinate about 6 days ago and the results have been remarkable!
I normally hobble at the end of the day when I have been sat for any length of time..I wake up sore,I go to bed sore.
I am a constant ball of pain.
Within 2 days of taking the supplement,I feel like I am dreaming..how is it possible after 3+ years that I am feeling better after 48 hours?
As this week has progressed,I am seeing improvements daily.
I am still in pain while I am sleeping but the waking hours are enough for me to be satisfied.
Glycinate is used for treatment of loads of issues from major depression to fibromyalgia and the list goes on.
I have been telling everyone of my success and thought I should share it here as well. :)
here is an article by MERCOLA on magnesium and it's health benefits
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/12/17/magnesium-benefits.aspx

Replies

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Will check it out.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    That's awesome news!!
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I have bursitis under my shoulder blade that I'm having a hard time getting rid of because I too hate sitting around!
  • HaggisWhisperer
    HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this - I can be a bit prone to hip bursitis since I had a hip replacement a couple of years ago. I mostly deal with it using NSAIDs, ice and rest (and digging out the walking stick from wherever I last left it collecting dust), but I'll definitely try this the next time as I don't really tolerate the NSAIDs very well.
  • olerolls
    olerolls Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's great you are getting such good results. Magnesium is often really helpful for this kind of pain.

I have had excellent results with knee and hip pain using topically applied magnesium oil. I use the one from Sunfood http://www.sunfood.com/magnesium-oil-4-oz-spray-bottle.html
  • crisgetsfit14
    Options
    I am all about natural cures/medicines... but honestly I would go to the doc on this one. My boyfriend just got over a terrible, crippling (as in bed ridden for a week) bout of hip bursitis. Finally went to the doctor and with meds, he hasn't had an issue since. You've got to get the fluid drained permanently!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I am all about natural cures/medicines... but honestly I would go to the doc on this one. My boyfriend just got over a terrible, crippling (as in bed ridden for a week) bout of hip bursitis. Finally went to the doctor and with meds, he hasn't had an issue since. You've got to get the fluid drained permanently!
    I have been to the doctor several times and the course of action is naproxen.The only time they give an injection is when it's severe.
    I have been told by my Dr. that even if it's drained,it can come still come back and more than likely,I will be suffering with this off and on throughout my life.
    Naproxen is one of the things that has got me into severe digestive issues.
    Magnesium is something almost everyone is depleted in and as it's working,I think I will stick with it :)
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    That's great you are getting such good results. Magnesium is often really helpful for this kind of pain.

I have had excellent results with knee and hip pain using topically applied magnesium oil. I use the one from Sunfood http://www.sunfood.com/magnesium-oil-4-oz-spray-bottle.html
    I also have a topical spray but it has not helped with my hip.I do find it helps after lifting though