November Challenge

Options
abbyolurin1
abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
Hey guys,

I know many of you participated in the September/October challenges. Don't forget to say how you did over there! This month i'm trying to lose 10- 17 lbs. It will be rough but I intend to work really hard, particularly in the cardio and carb departments. Who's with me and what are your goals for the month of turkey and cake? LOL let the game of willpower begin. :wink:

Last recorded weight: 152.2 lbs on 11/02/2013.

~Abby~

Replies

• MaxiJohn55
    MaxiJohn55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I am shooting for 15. We can do this!
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    10 - 17 lbs? Thats quite the range!

I'd love to join you, I'd be ecstatic to lose 10 lbs, to me that even sounds a bit lofty. But, nonetheless, that's what I'm shootin for.

Cw- 163.5
    Gw- 153.5 dec 1

Height- 5'5

I'll achieve this mostly through diet. I'll also make it a goal to walk at least 30 min/day.

Are we doing check ins?
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well October was pretty much a train wreck for me, I dont dare stand on the scale, this is day one of induction for me again, I plan on going on induction all the way to thanksgiving, here to better days ahead!, I think what I will do is go strong on induction, and weigh at the end of the month
  • BiancaCaputi23
    BiancaCaputi23 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join since I am pretty new to this. Weight this morning was 153.6 which is down 5 from two days ago. I have a big family reunion on Thanksgiving, seeing family I haven't seen in 6 years or ever. Six years ago I was 109 lbs so I have a lot of motivation to get a good 15-20 lbs off by then. Hoping for the best!

CW 153.6 lbs
    GW 140-135 ..15 is 138 :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    10 - 17 lbs? Thats quite the range!

I'd love to join you, I'd be ecstatic to lose 10 lbs, to me that even sounds a bit lofty. But, nonetheless, that's what I'm shootin for.

Cw- 163.5
    Gw- 153.5 dec 1

Height- 5'5

I'll achieve this mostly through diet. I'll also make it a goal to walk at least 30 min/day.

Are we doing check ins?

Sounds good, check-ins are definitely the plan! Let's do this! Good luck to all of you!
  • jadamonet
    jadamonet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW -11/02: 161.9
    GW -12/01: 154
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm back in. I would like to lose 10 pounds in November. I just started Atkins the week before Halloween and I probably should have waited until that was over. I had $100 gift card to use at the bar we party at (lots of drinks and still didn't use it all up), making sure I had food in my belly so I didn't get sick and just wanted to enjoy myself. I had a lot of fun even with the bad choices I made because I won best overall costume and won a trip to LAS VEGAS for two! Hotel and air included!!

Now, I want to get skinnier for the trip. We are planning on going in April. That gives me time take off some pounds to look cute for photos in VEGAS.

Here's my costume:
    196c64c2-0dfc-4d9a-8da7-032af1a2a86d_zps534bddd0.jpg

My Atkins M&Ms came in and though I have only had the chocolate ones and I must say they are damn good!!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I decided to face the music and stand on the scale this morning to see what the October train wreck damage was I gained 20 pounds, pretty ugly, its wierd how fast weight can go back on,I am sure half of it is water weight, but still,, yuck, i wanted to know so I can watch the weight come back off, I am going to do some VERY strick atkins for the month of nov and dec, ultra low carb, and tight on, with a mix of fat fasting each week also, I want to be at a certain place by Jan 1 and at another place by my birthday end of Feb in 2014, so, looking forward, not looking back,, here goes
  • cgina77
    cgina77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Thanks Abby for starting this month's challenge!
    My Nov 1st weight was 193 and my current weight is already 189.5. Yay for whooshes! Goal is gonna be 180lbs.

I'm still keto-adapting, so I haven't really being doing any exercise besides being on my feet and running around at work. I plan to start HIIT next Sunday with my spinning bike for 10 min 3x/wk plus some 5-10 min body weight workouts on alternate days. Keeping my diet ketogenic and between 1500-1600/day is my main focus this month.

Goodluck everyone!!!!!!
  • penguin817
    Options
    Yay for whooshes!

Ok I am in, but what are whooshes???

I'm in week 2 of Atkins, so far so good. Goal for November is 10lbs. I will say I am missing crunchy snacks, so if anyone has any suggestions, besides pork rinds, please feel free to share.
  • cgina77
    cgina77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Penguin, whooshes for me are when you are the same weight for several days or weeks, then you drop a bunch of weight within a day or two without really doing anything different. I tend to get them right after TOMs.

I don't really have any suggestions re: crunchy snacks :( I'm more of a smooth and creamy texture girl. Maybe chopped nuts to help w/ portion control as well?
  • tenagreear
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow so I am hoping for at least 10lbs. I did Atkins several years ago and was successful so I know it works. I am excited to have this group for support!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Well starting out November no better than I did in October. Crazy how just a couple days of bad choices influence more bad choices or undoing any progress. I had a great fat fast...feeling good, full, and had great intentions to atleast MAINTAIN through the weekend and not go crazy on calories since I knew it would involve drinking...I was going to do MGD 64 and flavored vodka and seltzer. Those good ideas never happened and I had Coors Light and old fashioneds, toppped the night off with taco dip and chips and left over halloween candy.

Hoping I can make November COUNT...even with a birthday and Thanksgiving. Starting the week off with a fat fast for a good 3 days filled with temptation since I'll be at a conference with free continental breakfast (aka bagels and donuts) every morning starting Wednesday through Friday.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I decided to face the music and stand on the scale this morning

Tim, good for you for facing the music! It is usually better to "know" than "not to know"! I think I gained a couple of pounds overall in October too.

Mel - My birthday is in November as well, plus a weeklong business trip next week and Thanksgiving. Is there any hope for November?!?!?

Glad everyone is here to support each other.

ETA: I guess the good news is that I am still down 20 lbs from June, when I started. Just not making any progress since August. It will happen!!!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Looking to drop 12 lbs in November! Adjusting macro's has really helped (lowered protein a bit and increased fat)...that was a difficult move!!! :)

Wishing all a successful November!!!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Yay, I did not miss this bus!

I am in for a Challenge Goal of -10# this month.

My average has been about -6# lately, so to meet this -10# I will need to amp up my exercise activity, which i admit has been more of the sloth variety, as of late.

To get my activity in, I will have to sacrifice sleep, ah, me - another challenge.

But that is indeed the point, is it not?

Challenge!

<tones on tail.......GO!>

=^x^=
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I would love to lose 10lbs

CW: 148
    GW: 138
  • mwooderson
    Options
    Well October was pretty much a train wreck for me, I dont dare stand on the scale, this is day one of induction for me again, I plan on going on induction all the way to thanksgiving, here to better days ahead!, I think what I will do is go strong on induction, and weigh at the end of the month

You are very knowledgeable with regards to the Atkins method. You'll have the weight off in no time!!!
  • mwooderson
    Options
    I'm weighing in tomorrow morning!!!
  • luvmydoggies
    luvmydoggies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm a little late to join but I'm in 100%. I started last Monday so today was day 9 with 10 lbs down...yay!! (I got more to lose than most of you.) Even though I know it will slow down now after the majority of water weight my goal for the rest of the month is at least 10-12 lbs doing induction all month

CW-249
    GW-239