Hello!!

Options
Hey Guys, how are you all? Just wanted to welcome you and say thank you for joining this group. Really happy about starting this. If you have any other Blogs or Groups that you would like to recommend please do.

Thank you :)

Replies

• PINKSPARKLE1965INPARADISE
    Options
    Thanks
  • love2peddle
    Options
    OK, I'm on board now. Because I can!
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you ... ready, willing and able!! Now just pull me off of this couch, ok?
  • PINKSPARKLE1965INPARADISE
    Options
    Thank You because we can all do this) have a beautiful day team
  • anggaff
    Options
    Because we can! I'm in. :)
  • BecauseWeCan91
    Options
    Yay so excited thanks, so much for joining? Did ya all have a nice weekend? Where are you all from? What is your typical workout routine (Blogilates, Gym, etc..) x
  • AngelaR74
    Options
    Hi! I am so excited to get started. I always do good in the beginning however I lose motivation. So I wanted to join this group for the support that I am sure we can give each other.
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I too am looking forward to this group! I'm from Michigan's BEAUTIFUL Upper Peninsula :) Everyone cross your fingers for me! I found my dream treadmill today on Craigslist for 50 bucks :D I'm hoping to be able to get it on Monday or Tuesday if the seller agrees! I'm praying this is meant to be cause I'm poor and a newer treadmill with these same features is over 3-400 dollars.

As for motivation I have NONE which is why I'm here ;) oh I want to loose weight and I mostly have no problems logging food though this month has been bad! I just can't get my butt up and moving! I thought I'd get better at it now that cooler weather is here but now I use the I'm cold excuse >_< I think I know where a lot of my problem stems from (long story but happy to share if asked) but I don't know how to fix that problem and rewire my brain.

However I THINK I'll be much better at staying motivated if this treadmill becomes mine. I've wanted one for EVER! I LOVE walking but I won't go out on my own where I live. Even then I just prefer the comfort and safety that is my home. The treadmill and pool are my FAV when I do get to go to the YMCA but that's only like twice every few months or so. It's an hour from me and I don't have a car or bus to get there. So When I visit mom we go. So yeah this is me in a nut shell lol!
  • unemp1oyed
    Options
    I am sooo in! I need a group like this to help keep me focused.
  • lmisskatie
    Options
    Need something like this! :)
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Meg, and Cali girl transplanted to Germany. I don't get to the forums that much, since I check in with the App more than my computer, but I'd love to be a part of this when I can.

About a year ago, I lost 14kg on here, and was super happy. Then I gained like 4 back, and had to yell ''Hooooold up!' to myself. I'm here to get back that 4 kg, and then keep going.

I've lost nearly 3 kg in the few months Ive been back to logging and working out, and would love to get/give some support. Last time around I had a lot of support, but a lot of them moved on when I was inactive. I don't blame them, but now I'm back (been logging everyday for over a month again!)

Good Luck!
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Julie, and I need help getting back into the swing of things. I was doing well for a while, but got distracted and put most of the weight back on. Once I get back into it, I should be okay, but getting back into those good habits has been difficult. I also check in more on my phone than the computer, but I will check in with the group as often as I can.
  • cr1111dn
    cr1111dn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here. I lost motivation after reaching a plateau, I even gained a bit. But now I hope to get back on track. These days it's difficult to stay under my calorie goal, but I hope this will change soon. Happy to meet everyone here!:flowerforyou:
  • pickupman1578
    Options
    Hi I'm Bryan I'm a 35yo father of three daughters and I'm trying once again to lose weight so i can feel better and have more energy not to mention set a good example. Two years ago i lost 60lbs but I've gained it all back plus about 10 pounds I used the diet tracker to lose it before,but I'm having trouble getting started again I don't make it to the message boards very often usually too busy at work or watching my kids so i use the phone app to keep my food journal I could use some new friends to keep me motivated so hit me up with a friend request if you want
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jill! This my first time using mfp, it has been so helpful & motivating. I've lost 25 lbs since I started, back in July. I'm not too familiar with the groups or msg boards but I definitely need to stay motivated :) I jog 6-7 days a week, 2-3 miles. I also, walk 7 days a week, 2-4 miles a day.

46790469.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • julekinz
    Options
    My doctor wants me to eat 80g of protein a day, but I want to maintain my calorie goal of around 1200, too. Any suggestions on foods that are high in calories, but moderate to low on calories?
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, fish, chicken breast, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese... um that's the top of my head :) egg whites have been awesome for me, especially after my morning jogs.
  • julekinz
    Options
    Thank you! I've been doing much better. It took a couple of days to kinda get the hang of planning out a days worth of meals that were high in protein and still wihtin my calorie goal.