Cheese?

Options
arcadia1983
arcadia1983 Posts: 42 Member
I see different opinions about cheeses, with some saying that, regardless of the fact some don't bring carbs at all it is not advisable to have more than a couple oz per day? Can I ask if that's the general consensus and why would that be?
I use babybels as snacks during the day and one of my main recipes is cheese spinach, where I put mozzarella, edam and grated grana alltogether with the spinach, so if cheese is an issue I have clearly done wrong for weeks without knowing it :(

Replies

• Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of cheese but always choose those that have more fat than proteins ( cheese here has usually 25g of both fat and proteins per 100 grams) . If it works for you then it's fine I guess.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I saw one quick post about no cheese, and I wanted to die. I LOVE CHEESE!! And Im trying to do Keto, and I have been eating a TON of cheese. For me, I have had no problems thus far.
    If you're sensitive to dairy, then have less, but I wouldn't NOT eat cheese. Ever. Ever ever ever ever!!!!
    I was on a "diet" once that limited me to only having about 1 slice of processed cheese a day. What a horrible few months that was.
    I eat cheese every single day now on Keto. I eat cheese wrapped in mother flippin bacon each day.
    I eat full fat cheese, and I love it.
    Eat cheese.
    Did I mention I love cheese?
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Dairy is a YMMV (Your Miles May Vary) item. If you see slow progress, it's one of those items you can / should tweak / reduce to see if that "fixes" your issue. Same with sweeteners and nuts. For some people, these can cause stalls.

If dairy is working for you, don't worry about it.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Try to develop a love for fattier cheeses like Camembert, Brie or Havarti. These are my goto snack when out and about. Plus I love the looks I get in public when munching on a wedge of Brie without spreading it on a cracker! :)
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Dairy is a YMMV (Your Miles May Vary) item. If you see slow progress, it's one of those items you can / should tweak / reduce to see if that "fixes" your issue. Same with sweeteners and nuts. For some people, these can cause stalls.

If dairy is working for you, don't worry about it.

^This!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I am a real cheese addict, but noticed when I eat too much, my weight stalls. I found something about it in this article:

http://authoritynutrition.com/15-reasons-not-losing-weight-on-a-low-carb-diet/

Still I am not going to give completally up on it! Mostly I just makes a few cheese crisps or use it when I make meatza.