Looking for Half & Half Sub

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and thought perhaps you could help. I'm a hug coffee drinker, but unfortunately, I like half & half in it. Are there any other lower carb substitutes for a creamer that you can recommend? Thank you!

~Cindy~

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Heavy Cream.
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yep, like the PP said, heavy cream. I have no idea if there are any prepared/f;avored creamers that are low carb, but if there are they'd be with the other creamers. Just be sure to check the label for carb count and sugar alcohols.
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream is so freaking amazing in coffee. I often add a bit of homemade vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg too. :)
  • mercuriocs
    Options
    Thanks for your help everyone. Seems as though one is higher in CARBS (half & half) and the other is higher in CALORIES (heavy cream). I may just have to give up my evening coffee and switch to tea as I don't use any creamer in that. Thank you though! :smile:

~Cindy~
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    SO DELICIOUS COCONUT CREAMER! It is the best and at 10 calories a Tablespoon it is calorie friendly too! I cant do heavy cream - doesn't fit in my calorie profile - plus I fast and only drink coffee in the morning so my calories have to be low. I love, love, love this creamer. Seriously try it.
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your diary and saw you use 12 Tablespoons of half and half at a time? If that's the case, I'll at least tell you that you can use significantly less heavy cream than half and half to get the same taste/color/creaminess. That might help on the calorie count. Just a tip from personal experience! I used to be a breve queen! :)
  • mercuriocs
    Options
    LOL... No actually I don't use 12 at a time. That is for 4 large mugs. Just easier to input it all at once. :laugh:
  • mercuriocs
    Options
    Well, I have looked in each of our 3 grocery stores and they don't carry the So Delicious Creamer. *cries*
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Check the healthfood section for coconut "dairy" products.
  • LowCarbForLifeKim
    Options
    6.6g of carbs in a cup of why, so make sure it's worth it. I love my cream, too, and when you order a latte yes they use a lot! :). Have you tried bullet proof coffee?
  • LowCarbForLifeKim
    Options
    Creamers are a chemical mess and have hidden carbs. Proceed with caution.
  • mercuriocs
    Options
    Have you tried bullet proof coffee?

No, I've not. Guess I will have to look that up.
  • mercuriocs
    Options
    Creamers are a chemical mess and have hidden carbs. Proceed with caution.

True - I'm sticking to the half/half for now. May try heavy cream and if I can use less of it, it just may work out.