What kind of HRM/Training Watch do you have?

Options
2»

Replies

• camrunner
    Options
    I've been using a Garmin FR110 for a little over a year now. I wanted something basic and it's been fine, for the most part.

I'm definitely going to drop $450 on the 620, though. I don't like the idea of wearing a chest strap, but I think I'll be willing to wear it once in a while just to see all of that data. I love stats!
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I used the Garmin forerunner 305 for 2 years before it stopped working. I was very happy with it. I went cheaper & bought a 110 a year or so ago. I'm not as happy with it due to the charging mechanism. It truly is annoying when you think you have the pins on the pad & you find out on your next run that they weren't. I also don't use the heart rate monitor anymore because of too much rubbage & I don't find the information useful.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Garmin 310xt here. I like the wireless downloading, the ability to load workouts and also the mulit-sport capability. I have a strap that allows the unit to popped off my wrist and onto my bike. My main focus is running these days, though I can see a triathlon in the future. I use garmin connect and strava to park my workouts and sport tracks to dig a little deeper into the feedback from the hrm, footpod and the unit itself. The 310xt also collects data from the bike sensor (speed and cadence).

+1 on DCrainmaker's site. Lot's of good info there.

Good luck and have fun!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Garmin 210 with HRM here - Love it!

Shows me current pace, HR, time elapsed and distance which is all I need but I'll be using the intervals more in the near future and I also really like the lap timer. Can also train to HR zones but not something i've looked at.

The four pin charger clamp thing is a bit fiddly but I find if I just clamp it on and give it a wiggle til it clicks then I can see it starting to charge on the watch.

Garmin Connect software is good enough for what I want and the only thing I'd change would be the option to leave the light on when running in the dark (I know it would drain the battery faster but I'd only be out for a hour tops so I'd hope it would last for that).
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have Garmin FR210.
    I love it.
    And I hate it.

The charger/transfer thing is THE MOST ANNOYING STUPID THING EVER INVENTED!

If you get a Garmin, get one that transfer data via wifi or bluethoot. Or wathever way that doesn't involve getting 4 tiny metal pins exactly on 4 tiny little disks.

Other than that I love my HRM, I love Garmin Connect, I love my footpod.

^^^^
    that transfer cord is soooo annoying! I do like the watch though. The battery lasts awhile, too.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar H6 that pairs with my iphone. If you have an iphone for music while you run this thing is perfect. Its inexpensive, has great tracking, works with other running apps, I love it.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Garmin 410 currently. Have the 620 on pre-order but the estimated ship date keeps getting pushed back! grrrrr..

This is what I aspire to... have the 410; would love to have the 620, I just don't think it's in the cards right now. My biggest issue with the 410 is the speed (or lack thereof) with which the satellites find my watch. Just this morning after letting my watch search for ~8-10 minutes, I finally gave up and just went for my run without the satellite connection (and therefore without most of the data that I actually use). Sigh. When it works, it works well. It just fails to find the satellites far too often to avoid frustration.