5'4" girls! :)

Options
Hi! I’m 5'4" and 119lb my goal weight is 110lb. Is there anyone else around my size or already at my goal weight? I just want to get an idea of what it looks like on others. Also what sizes are you? :)

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    That's me! I'm 117 and 5'4" right now. I'd like to be 110 as well but I'm not worried about when, mainly because my boyfriend doesn't really want me losing more.

I'm currently a women's 0 or juniors 1 or 3 depending on the store. 28F bra, 25 jean, usually.
  • whitneylovexx
    whitneylovexx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey I'm 5'4 but after a 3 week holiday in america and getting used to eating out all the time I've become a tubby 137lb from my former 125 ideally want to be 115
  • julianadelbosque
    Options
    Me! I'm 5'4" and hovering around 114-115, down from 125. I have my goal set to 1500 to lose .5 lbs a week, and it's been very slow lately but that 10 lbs makes such a difference when you're short like us!

I wear a 2/4 (usually more like a 2, size 4 swims on me!) or juniors 3/5. I have a very small chest, so none of my weight comes from those unfortunately. I would probably be considered skinny fat, but I do eat well and run 3-4 times a week, I just haven't gotten into weights yet.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, and 37 years old. I am a pear shape, which means I carry all my weight in the lower abs, butt and thighs! I am a small on top, and a size 6 in womens on the bottom. I started at 138 and am currently 123 lbs, shooting for 119 (but thinking I might need to lose more once I hit 119). Due to my age, 110 may make me look like I'm on Crack, as older women are expected to be heavier than a 20 year old woman!
  • jrobrown
    Options
    Haha! This is definitely the post I was looking for. Needing some motivation and friends on MFP right now... I'm 27 and 5'4". Fluctuating between 125-130. My goal is 115.
  • Colaizzi
    Colaizzi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I too am 5'4 at the prime ole age of 44. I fluctuate between 125 - 130. I just finished my second half marathon 2 weeks ago and my goal now is to gain some muscle and shrink my inches. I would love to weigh between 120-125. I can't seem to get below 125. I graduated from HS at 109 and when I get below 120 I get the anexoria talk from my mother....LOL!
  • ballerinabelly23
    Options
    5'4''
  • Butyou
    Butyou Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm 5'4" I'm in shock that all you women want to be 110lbs......
    I'm I missing something?
    Do you guys lift?
    How many Calories you eat?
    Not trying to judge just want to help.
    Bomber
  • mnsmov
    Options
    I am almost 33 yr old 5'4" mom of 1 daughter.
    currently 132-134 Wanna be 120-125 :)
    I seem to have such a diff time to stay below 130 while I ST 3X and run 3X
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, have two teenagers and I'm around 112-116 usually. My highest was 140 and I started doing 5:2 in February, lost the weight without difficulty and have kept it off easily too! My original target was 122. I run 5 miles 3-4 times a week.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    That's me, pretty much.
  • teresand77
    teresand77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm I missing something?
    Do you guys lift?
    Bomber

I just joined this group and I was thinking the same thing. With my build I'm happy with myself at 130. I usually am between 133 and 138. RIght now I'm at about 20% bodyfat and I would like to get a little leaner but not a lot. I lift weights 3-5 times a week, teach cycling and yoga, and run a few times a week. I don't really care though as much about my weight as long as my clothes fit well and I feel good.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm I missing something?
    Do you guys lift?
    Bomber

I don't lift, nor do I intend to start, really. I run moderately (5k 3-4x week) and that's all the exercise I'm willing to make time for. I tried it (with a great trainer) and hated it, so it's not something I want to spend my time with. I'm not skinnyfat and my BF% is about 20%, so it doesn't seem to harm me. I know "lift heavy" is MFP gospel, but I'm just not willing to put myself through something I hate for negligible benefit. Running seems to be working just fine for keeping my body fat low.

I don't know if you're missing something. Personally, I have a small frame and no desire to look as muscular as many of the lifting proponents I see here. It's not a fear or "bulky" or "manly", I just have an aesthetic preference for less definition. At my current weight of 117 (33-25-35) I still feel like I could be slightly thinner without looking extremely skinny, though.

Everyone has different preferences for how they want their own bodies to look. I'm more into delicate than sturdy. And that's my choice. I don't judge the lifters, but I hate having it forced down my throat all the time. Eating less and running is making all the changes I wanted.

Sorry for the essay, but I just wanted to make it very clear that there is not one true path to the body you want. If lifting works for you, great, but I'm super pleased with where what I'm doing has taken me and continues to do.

At my weight, I maintain around 1500-1600 before exercise. If I get a good run in, that gives me another couple hundred. I'm happy with that.
  • marume
    marume Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand peleroja, because when I was in my 20's I didn't used to lift, and if I weighted 117 I would have appeared a little chubby. I am 42 now, and even though I was 115 until I was 40, maintained the weight of 122 after having my daughter. Unfortunately I had 2 surgeries (may and July) after a miscarriage and now I'm a chubby 129. I cut carbs and wine this week, and lost 3 lbs, so I hope I can get to 125 in the next 2 weeks (not easy at my age)....
    I am also working out (classes) 4 days a week and run 45 mins the 5th day... I'm so sick of this weight!!!
  • makm1872
    Options
    Of course I am same height and I weigh around 130 now. I would really like to be 115 which was my weight when I was swimming competitively. I just can't seem to find motivation because I'm not "fat".
  • GoNuri
    GoNuri Posts: 13
    Options
    Haha! This is definitely the post I was looking for. Needing some motivation and friends on MFP right now... I'm 27 and 5'4". Fluctuating between 125-130. My goal is 115.

Hey! Me too! I'm 27 yr, 5' 4", 123.5lbs and definitely needs more similar friends for motivation. May I add you as a friend? Anyone else with similar stats and looking to be more fit feel free to add me as a friend and let's support each others fitness goals!!!

:) ... finally, I've found "my people", "my clan", "my bredren"--in Munchkinland <3
  • GoNuri
    Options
    I'm I missing something?
    Do you guys lift?
    Bomber

I just joined this group and I was thinking the same thing. With my build I'm happy with myself at 130. I usually am between 133 and 138. RIght now I'm at about 20% bodyfat and I would like to get a little leaner but not a lot. I lift weights 3-5 times a week, teach cycling and yoga, and run a few times a week. I don't really care though as much about my weight as long as my clothes fit well and I feel good.

Same here. And jeez-louis woman you're a machine! I'd love to be that active as well. I've forgone my immediate concerns with the scale recently also. 110lb and 115lbs sounds nice to say out loud, but with my frame it just wouldn't be healthy or even necessary. I asked my Dad today if I could afford to lose 10lbs and before I could even get the full sentence out my mouth he abruptly sad "No" without evening blinking. Lol. I knew he was right, just needed to hear it. There's no place to me to lose 10lbs on body. What I'm really looking to do is drop a small amount of body fat % and tone up considerably. I love that you are so active. I also like to mix things up and have an athletic build. For me the athleticism is the fun part and the whole point of it all. Anyway, I say all this to say I'd love to add you as a friend, may I?
  • GoNuri
    Options
    I'm I missing something?
    Do you guys lift?
    Bomber

I don't lift, nor do I intend to start, really. I run moderately (5k 3-4x week) and that's all the exercise I'm willing to make time for. I tried it (with a great trainer) and hated it, so it's not something I want to spend my time with. I'm not skinnyfat and my BF% is about 20%, so it doesn't seem to harm me. I know "lift heavy" is MFP gospel, but I'm just not willing to put myself through something I hate for negligible benefit. Running seems to be working just fine for keeping my body fat low.

I don't know if you're missing something. Personally, I have a small frame and no desire to look as muscular as many of the lifting proponents I see here. It's not a fear or "bulky" or "manly", I just have an aesthetic preference for less definition. At my current weight of 117 (33-25-35) I still feel like I could be slightly thinner without looking extremely skinny, though.

Everyone has different preferences for how they want their own bodies to look. I'm more into delicate than sturdy. And that's my choice. I don't judge the lifters, but I hate having it forced down my throat all the time. Eating less and running is making all the changes I wanted.

Sorry for the essay, but I just wanted to make it very clear that there is not one true path to the body you want. If lifting works for you, great, but I'm super pleased with where what I'm doing has taken me and continues to do.

At my weight, I maintain around 1500-1600 before exercise. If I get a good run in, that gives me another couple hundred. I'm happy with that.

You don't have to or need to "life heavy". Especially at our size and as a woman it's more effective and less of a pain to lift lighter weights with higher reps. For example: Use 5-10 lbs dumbbells, Perform 10-15 curl repetitions. Easy-peasy and the benefits are significant: helps with muscle tone, muscle strength, muscle function, and preventing minor injuries to the muscle, not to mention blood flow, oxygen flow, and circulation in those area specific regions, and of course heart rate.
  • AbbyStrong115
    AbbyStrong115 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I"m 5'4" and unfortunately my weight fluctuates as I go on fitness kicks, then eat what I want & back again.

Start Weight: 139 in February 2012
    Low Weight: 115 in June 2013
    Current Weight: 125 December 2013
    Goal Weight: 109 by April 2014 (My wedding gown alterations begin then)

Anyone with similar stats and goals, please friend me. I"d love some support and healthy competition :)

Also, I'd like to chime in on the lift or not debate. LIFT! That's the only way to lose and look cut. You don't want to look scrawny. I'm curling about 12-15lb dumbbells and no one ever said I look too big. I had my initial weight loss when I was doing interval training. 15 min treadmill sprints/ hills then 15 min lifting/ abs & repeat for hour work out. No breaks. I also went gluten free! Which is tough but amazing for my body! Best shape of my life this summer! Time to get it back!!