The Cabin In The Woods - spoilers

Options
sedwards9999
sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
Watched it yesterday. Cool concept. I liked how it poked fun at 80's slasher movies.

I wonder if the sequel will be the burnout and the virgin fighting the giant monsters?

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I was genuinely surprised with how good it was. It was very smart and funny.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    A sequal???? How the world was destroyed by titans ... I did enjoy the movie though I thought it was an interesting take on horror that hasnt been done to death... Plus Chris helmsworth
  • sedwards9999
    Options
    Sure there could be a sequel. All we saw was a giant hand coming up.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    There was a freaking unicorn. That alone makes it full of win.

It wouldn't be a proper sequel without Joss and Drew and Joss seems pretty much booked solid and busy with the Avengers stuff. At least for now.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I feel like it would defeat the purpose of the movie if they did have a sequel...
  • sedwards9999
    Options
    I feel like it would defeat the purpose of the movie if they did have a sequel...

The purpose is/was to make money.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Maybe we can get a prequel at least. Joss is busy with S.H.I.E.L.D and The Avengers 2 though. Maybe Goddard can sign on at least.
  • justagirlgeek
    justagirlgeek Posts: 49 Member
    Options

The purpose is/was to make money.

I'm guessing you don't know Joss very well. That's never been his purpose.
  • sedwards9999
    Options
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Interesting!
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Something I noticed when rewatching this a few days ago...

Mordecai, the harbinger (the old guy at gas station) is there to warn the kids, and if they ignore his warning, they are fair game.

A few scenes later, he calls the company and warns them that the fool almost derailed everything. I was always too caught up in the "Am I on speakerphone?" bit to notice, but he's essentially warning the company about the fool. What do they do? They ignore him and we all know what happens next.