snack ideas

Options
ddky
ddky Posts: 381 Member
I lost a substantial amount of weight several years ago doing low carb. I have tried it several times since, but just couldn't stick with it. I lost 30 pounds this year by counting calories and then stalled out. So I am hoping low carb can break my plateau. Anyway, my favorite snacks when I did this before was sunflower seeds and BBQ pork rinds. Pickles are also good. Take a pickle spear and wrap a piece of ham around it. Would like to hear your ideas for snacks. Good luck to everyone.

Replies

• ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot another good one. Beef jerky.
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Light cream cheese or laughing cow cheese on celery.
    Parmesan crisps, made with parmesan cheese...only. (Yummo)
    Kale chips.
    Pickles and cheddar cheese.
    Sharp provolone slices wrapped around roasted red peppers & garlic. (My fav)
    Handful of nuts. (walnuts, almonds, pistachios are best choices)
    Emerald brand only, cocoa roasted almonds. (when looking for something a tad sweet)
    Edamame, hot or cold.
    Mini turkey & olive meatballs. Very small. Pop them hot or cold...with a little dijon mustard.
    Hope these help!
  • slimmingteacher
    Options
    Good snack ideas is mainly fruits and veg sticks? Dipped in fat free or a low fat and low carb (read labels) dips. Seafood sticks are also a good snack idea if you like them. Mainly avoid processed foods and focus on natural foods.
  • bmoliv66
    bmoliv66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    String cheese, almonds, cream cheese, peanut butter, PEPPERONI (my personal favorite), dark chocolate (I'm talking the 85-90% dark, pretty bitter but you get used to it), celery. I wouldn't opt for the low fat versions of cheese/cream cheese unless you are having trouble staying under your calorie goal- it's important to get plenty of fat
  • KRoth416
    KRoth416 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    natural peanut butter, celery, carrots, bell peppers and low/no fat sour cream or plain yogurt (dip), hummus, guac, brussel sprouts (steam em and pop em), broc, cucumbers...just keep them prepared in quick grab n go containers in your fridge to make snacking fast and easy!
  • kangaroo33
    Options
    Yummy choices from KBreininger05. Forgot about those, plus there's sooooo many things you can snack on. Quick and easy is always the key for me. I do the same thing....prep over the weekend, so it's grab and go during the week. Helps my kids eat healthier, too!
  • katieme
    katieme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the john west tunal infusions or the pouches, pepperami, chilli cheese, pork scratchings and crispy bacon strips not all at once ;)
  • erinbeth85
    Options
    Just saw this one... my go-to snacks are pumpkin seeds (yummm), celery with cream cheese (or peanut butter), cucumbers or greens peppers with ranch dressing, cheese sticks (mozzarella or colby jack), pepperoni, ! I eat eggs for breakfast every morning, otherwise a hard boiled egg would make a good snack for me. Also, the Del Monte No Sugar Added diced peaches make a good quick snack (5 net carbs). Another good snack is the Light & Fit diabetic vanilla cream yogurt (comes in packs of 4, with 3 net carbs) with some strawberries.
  • kangaroo33
    Options
    Loved that diabetic vanilla yogurt! Loved because my grocery store just stopped carrying it! UGH! There was a great cottage cheese out there for diabetics, too....loved that! They stopped carrying it, as well. Figures! Find something that works and tastes great...and poof...it's gone! Oh Well!