Weak arms!

lebbyloses
lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
I'm on week three of the basic program, and I'm not able to complete 12 reps of most of the arm exercises without a break. Next time it'll be the let me ups. I've gotten better at them! But doing 4 during the ladders is tough. So I have two questions.

1) As I understand it, I am to do 12 reps in a row OR as many as I can before my muscles are done and I can't complete the next rep. (As in: 7 push-ups, can't do number 8 at all properly so I stop the interval and rest for the next one) Is that correct? Or should I be doing 12 anyway? (As in: do 7 push-ups, pause for a bit, do 5, then hit reps completed)

2) is there an easier way to do the let me ups? I'm trying to make good use of this program, and if that means modifying, that's cool with me. I'm obviously going to have to start over and do basic again before I can move on. Currently I am doing let me ups with my knees bent 90 degrees. I don't see an easier way on the app, and like I said, I'm getting better at them, so if there is not I will just do as many as I can, but it might be less frustrating if there's a variant I can complete more successfully.

Replies

• kijoneko
    kijoneko Posts: 56 Member
    The advice in the FAQs of the iphone app are just to modify the number of reps you do accordingly. If you can only do 4 that's fine, by the end of 10 weeks you should be able to do more. :)
    The program gives you an idea of how many of each exercise you should be able to complete before moving up a level, so you can always repeat the beginners level and continue to make improvements.

Good luck and stick with it; it definitely works!
  • AddiesHK
    AddiesHK Posts: 8 Member
    Just do the most reps you can with correct form.
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Thanks! That's what I wound up doing. I'm sure I'll be able to do more eventually.