How to avoid the binge?

Options
MellieJean
MellieJean Posts: 13 Member
Hi, I am trying to discipline myself but I am having a really hard time. Does anyone want to share their rituals or steps they take in the morning and during the day to stay on track. Boy do I need a live in trainer/coach to help me!!!

Replies

• vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. It's really hard to control the urges. Some days I start with such good intentions but then it all goes to pot. I used to beat myself up about it but then I realised that my relationship with food goes much further that basic physical sustenance. I liken it to giving up cigarettes but instead of stopping altogether you're forced to have three or four each day so the craving never quite goes away and there are times when you end up smoking more.

I think the trick is to distract, distract and distract some more. If that fails and you binge then climb back on the wagon after the binge and think of it as a blip rather than a failure.
  • MellieJean
    Options
    Yes distract! If only I would follow the suggestions on Roku film fun 5!
  • MellieJean
    Options
    Thanks! Looking it up now
  • MellieJean
    Options
    Great article with great suggestions!
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I blogged myself out of it (you can check out my blog).

If I have to share one tip, I would say - do NOT think about it once you have binged. Call it a day. Do not make any huge "I shall not do it again forever". Just start a new day as a new person. U-turn. The more you think, the more you will drag yourself down through the black hole, and the more you will binge.

But ultimately, everyone needs to find her/his own little trick to get out of the cycle.

I hope you will be well soon.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Yes, I recently just binged, and I second that tip. Don't obsess over it, just move on and don't try to exercise off the cals or something. A new day is a new day and the binge day has passed.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hi

i stock up and pack up all my meals, tons of protein, it keeps me fuller. I try to eat balanced, if I'm ever starving then the Binge takes over and I'm done.
    As above, I agree, if it happens, accept it and move on. Consistency, they say , is key with our journey. Beating yourself up is not gonna help much.
    I just had a binge filled weekend, and I questioned myself, why did I Binge, it was mostly out of habit, I ate about 10 doughnuts in a few hours. I'm now bloated beyond belief.
    But today is my Day 1 of staying on track, I hope it lasts.

Good luck!
  • BubonicTonic
    BubonicTonic Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jenzenzen, thank you for posting that article! Excellent insights as to WHY we binge, and a really helpful exercise.