Welcome

Options
DJ478
DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
Hi everyone as you all know this group is to Help each other along the way insanity is def a great workout but sometimes a little push is needed you can introduce yourself here hope too see many of you here often

I'm jay and trying to get back into eating clean and continuing this workout I would like to lose 10-15 lbs by January even tho I don't mind gaining if its muscle I never had a good tone stomachs maybe acquire one along the way too ;)

Starting weight before program was 164 and I'm 5'3

Replies

• lng145
    lng145 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started last night with Plyo... boy has it been quite sometime since I did Insanity! I am certainly not where I used to be (obviously since I have gained weight lol). My strength is poor. I took lots of water breaks and I tried to keep moving when I felt winded from the routine. My shoulder has been bothering me, but surprisingly the only move I had to modify due to pain was mummy kicks.

My start weight is 133 and I am 5'3" as well :smile: I would like to at least lose 10 pounds, but ultimate goal is 120... I just don't remember the last time I was at 120... :embarassed:

Good luck!!!
  • carmencousillas
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm Carmen and I started university last year and in the first semester gained 14 lbs, I'm 5'2''. I've been yoyo dieting since and haven't managed to lose anything! I'm so frustrated with myself so decided to try insanity with the intention of losing at least 10lbs by Christmas.

I did the fitness test yesterday - during which I thought I was going to collapse - and did the pylometric cardio today. Is anybody else finding it impossible to keep up without stopping regularly?

Also, when entering daily exercise into myfitnesspal diary, what would an insanity workout be considered as - aerobics? It doesn't recognise insanity as a workout.

Good luck x
  • DJ478
    Options
    hey guys nice to know im not the only one taking a lot of breaks its def hard to push through I have taken a lot of breaks yesterday when I did plyo today I did cardio resistance and I did take breaks but I found myself pushing through a bit better I did miss a set of moving push ups tho I will also start another topic with fit test results from my 1st one your welcomed to input yours there too I have taken before pics which I shall post and later add pics after month one just to see results as of know so far I have lost 3lbs could be water weight who knows and I do have a visitor also lol but couldn't let that give me an excuse to delay my workouts I am extremely looking forward to my results hopefully they are close to my goals.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is KB aka GrillnChill

I started Insanity 6 weeks ago, I am currently on the 2nd month, first week. I already made up my mind that when I complete the entire thing I'm going to restart it again. I feel much stronger, have lost inches and some lbs. So it DOES work so long as you put in the time and effort.

Just about every muscle in my body is sore as I'm typing this btw, but I love it! :)

Feel free to add me for support and some laughs.
  • 123janea
    123janea Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jane. I am 33, 5'3 and weigh 147 pds. I have been working out for 2 months but nothing that really pushes me like this. I started yesterday with Plyo (completed my fit test on Monday). I stuck with it. I could not finish all of the 3rd circuit. It killed my shoulders, but I kept moving.
  • ste007001
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Stephen I'm 6ft 3in, 36 years old and weigh 224 lbs, I started insanity a few weeks ago (currently on day 17 of 63). I have not missed a day yet but do not do fit tests as I really hurt my back both times I did fit test on a previous insanity experience, I replace fit tests with 1 of the workouts.

Where do I start? I have done no exercise for about 18 months and really needed a kick up the bum (butt if your not from uk) to get fit and tone up. Boy this is hard, I still can not complete a whole workout and really struggle with push ups. But even after 2 and a bit weeks I feel fitter and I am definitely able to complete more of the workout each time I do one. ( on day 1,2 and 3 I thought I was going to be sick).

I was worried about a slight weight gain so far, but after doing a LOT of research it appears this is quite normal and may in part be due to going from none to extreme exercise. BUT I have definitely seen inch loss, I did not take measurements at the start but really wish I did as this would make me feel even better. I did however take a picture of me in some suit trousers at the start ( which i fitted into about 2-3 years ago) and I can see a clear difference already. I may post a picture before and after in a couple of weeks or wait until the end of this round.

I have already made the decision that this is my 1st round of insanity and I fully plan to repeat at the end of this stint, I do not believe it is a miracle cure and should be treated as such. I was/am overweight and believe this would and will be great for me as and when I/people are already at a really good fitness level.

Would love to here from some other people and there experience of insanity no matter what stage they are at and maybe share story's, ideas and results.

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • MayaBorden
    Options
    Hi guys. My name is Maya I'm 27. I'm 5'9 and 154lbs.
    I started Insanity couple weeks ago.

@Stephen: I'm also on day 17. I'm going to do day 18 tomorrow.

It's my second try. Last time I made it until half of Month 2 and then a personal problem prevented me to finish the program. That was in July 2013. Pretty bummed about that. But the Past is the Past. I'm planning on finishing it this time.

I'm also planning on combining Insanity with weight training. I feel like I'm weaker this time. I can't keep up with the level 1 and 2 drills. Last time I could keep up.
    My Fit Tests are better though this round.
  • lng145
    Options
    Last night was Cardio Power. I am taking many more breaks than I have ever in the past, but I tell myself it is progress and I will do better. As long as I am giving 100% of what I have in me, I can't feel guilty about it. Today my back is sore as well as my thighs and shoulders. It is a lovely feeling!!!!

I still have not taken my measurements. I am setting up a reminder to do that first thing in the AM!

I have been supplementing Insanity with an early morning walk/jog. I feel that if I can exercise in the AM and the evening it will help my muscles. The morning jogs have been nice to help stretch them out after sleeping and getting stiff overnight.

@DJ478 - you are brave to step on the scale this soon especially with a visitor! Great job on the 3lbs. Are you drinking lots of water throughout the day? What is your diet plan? I am been very hungry since starting, so I am eating a ton just trying to eat many small "meals" with better food choices.

Keep pushing play and give it your all!!!!
  • DJ478
    Options
    @ing yeah I haven't put my scale away yet lol but I tend to weigh myself 1/2x a week and yes I try to drink minimum of 8 cups of water a day I am doing the insanity nutrition guide a have tweaked a few meals but mostly going of guide and I eat 5 meals a day today I did cardio recovery so wasn't bad
  • lng145
    Options
    @DJ478 You are following the complete program! Great for you!!! I am impressed with your drive! Keep it up and you will continue to meet your goals! I am looking forward to cardio recovery tonight.
  • lng145
    Options
    Cardio recovery two night ago killed my thighs! Oh, but it felt so good! And last night was a great cardio workout! Yippie! I am about to do my last workout of this week, and looking forward to a "rest" day although I hope to hit pavement tomorrow. Have I mentioned Plyo is my LEAST favorite.... Keep pushing play and push hard!!!
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I started Insanity yesterday and was ready to pass out! I tried it years ago and gave up. So after completing Day 2 today I've come farther than before! My goal is to slim down and tighten up. Got a long way to go!!!