Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
ef84a9dfc2c42f6b65a2ecf3e76c6689.jpg

Replies

• timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today is my rest / day off from the gym and running...
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    @Tim it's still Wednesday evening where I am, but good morning to you! Sorry to hear your knee problems are that bad, and that you have been dealing with it for so long. Sounds like you've got a good handle on what to do though. Enjoy your rest day!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Yup, still We'dnesday night here too, lol. But have a great day and I'll be back in 12 hrs!
    Tim, is your rest day due to your knees? Hope they get better soon.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hey all! So, I slipped in today's thought-of-the-day in honor of my little girl's third birthday. It'll be a big day here and I have no workout planned.

Tim, I just remembered that back when my knees were giving me problems, I was in a team challenge group and had to do a week of side lunges. First, I worried they'd kill my knees but a team member pointed out that SIDE lunges aren't hard on knees (vs. regular lunges). Guess what--a whole week of pumping out as many side lunges as I possibly could and my knees felt great (started getting a pretty nice rear too :laugh: ). I understand that it's a condition you have to treat, but in addition, you never know--side lunges might help strengthen all the right places. Have a nice rest day!

Everyone have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow, after the birthday cake carnage. :drinker:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Today's workout is a trainer session - guessing upper body & low back since last night was legs & abs. I've got a friend lined up to walk with me at lunch too. My 7 day step total is pathetic from being sick and I will only have about 20 minutes for warm-up cardio at the gym.

Happy birthday to your daughter Sherry!
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today will probably be a rest day for me, although I might go swimming later. I always rest on Sundays and then the second day fluctuates and sometimes doesn't exist. M, T, Th, Fr I work out at my church early in the morning. Wednesdays I have a class I go to and the class I did last night aggravated my knee so it was in too much pain this morning to go. I will be back at the church tomorrow and on Saturdays I go to a city pool with a fitness center. Last Saturday I did 40 minutes on the bike and 30 on the tread mill.
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Tim, what is your knee issue and what are you doing to fix it, or at least make it better?
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hi Dale & welcome! I hope that knee gets to feeling better. It's good that you listen to your body.
  • timothydriver
    Options
    Hey Tim, what is your knee issue and what are you doing to fix it, or at least make it better?

The medical name is Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome IE Runners Knee Web M.D. has a good article on it and its legit not made up cause I have had doctors tell me the same thing.
  • timothydriver
    Options
    Tim, I just remembered that back when my knees were giving me problems, I was in a team challenge group and had to do a week of side lunges. First, I worried they'd kill my knees but a team member pointed out that SIDE lunges aren't hard on knees (vs. regular lunges). Guess what--a whole week of pumping out as many side lunges as I possibly could and my knees felt great (started getting a pretty nice rear too :laugh: ). I understand that it's a condition you have to treat, but in addition, you never know--side lunges might help strengthen all the right places. Have a nice rest day!

I've never tried that before I'll try that out thanks for the tip!