week 5 day3

Options
ssweet1020
ssweet1020 Posts: 50 Member
I did it! I can't believe I did it! I am so proud of myself! In September, when I started, I struggled with 1 minute and I just did 20! Sorry I am just excited about it and I think my husband is tired of hearing about it lol.

Yay! Go me!

Replies

• besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    OMG you are so awesome!! I am impressed. I am only on W1D2, and I can't imagine I can do what you just did. I am just thrilled I've done what I have done for 2 days LOL! You deserve a treat (like new running shoes or a new piece of running gear!!)

CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • aharburger
    aharburger Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are fabulous! I'm at the same place as you and BOY was I amazed at that 20 minutes. Good luck on Week 6, I'll be running right there "with" you!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    You have every reason to be proud of yourself. That is a huge accomplishment. I know that for a fact since I have been in your shoes. Congrats!
  • ssweet1020
    ssweet1020 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I am running my first 5k on thanksgiving day! One of my good friends is doing this with me, we were yelling and cheering when we finished today. I'm pretty sure people think that we have lost our minds! Lol
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Go you! I did my 20 minute run last week and the feeling of accomplishment has been carrying me through for nearly a week! Congrat!
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!
    Pretty much anyone who has went through 'the big run' can completely relate to your happiness. I was just smiling like a fool when I did it. I told my wife who looked at me and said 'that's nice'. Ah she didn't understand, but we all do :smile: :tongue: :wink:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing milestone! Good for you!!!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I did it today too! I looked at the program and it said "Run 20 minutes". I thought - well - this should be interesting. But I did it! And just in time too as I have another 5K to run in on Saturday with my son. I think I'll use the timing from Week 6, Day 1 for the whole 5K. I'm getting there!
  • NickeeCoco
    Options
    Whoohoo! It is an accomplishment. You shouldn't apologize at all. Every single one of us who did that reacted the exact same way.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yaay !! That's so awesome!! I am on that day tomorrow and I'm soo nervous.

Congrats :D
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!
    Pretty much anyone who has went through 'the big run' can completely relate to your happiness. I was just smiling like a fool when I did it. I told my wife who looked at me and said 'that's nice'. Ah she didn't understand, but we all do :smile: :tongue: :wink:

I'd a similar reaction from my husband at the time - he said 'well done you' or something like that but didn't grasp how big a deal it was.

The other day I dropped into the conversation (with almost everyone I met, but him too) that I'd just run 10k that morning for the first time and he couldn't believe it! He was totally unaware how much my running had progressed .... I guess a lot of us will be in the same boat!

The 20min run is such a big deal - as Varda said, it's a milestone and when you get that one nailed you know you can go on and run further.

Congrats to everyone who's reached W5D3 - it IS a big deal :bigsmile:
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm just wrapping up week 1 here, trying not to think about that daunting week 5. Just taking it one week, one day at a time...
  • saldelmar
    saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Good for you! You posted a couple of weeks ago, so I'm sure you're even further into the program now, but I just wanted to say that I just finished W5 D3 tonight and I feel exactly the same as you described. Congratulations!