Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
f0c9b9619a69425a0f8dec5f4db02aae.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hello and big HAPPY FRIDAY to each of you!

Well, lil girl's birthday was a big success and I managed to scrape by with only one very small piece of cake (and left the icing). Now, just to resist the 1/2 a cake that is left in the fridge! :laugh:

This cold is still hanging on more than ever (?!?!). The plan has been to run today and the weather is great for it. Unfortunately we are having health issues with one of our sweet cats of 16 years (it would seems she's gone blind and has other issues :frown: ), and I'm also waiting for my husband to call, to see if he will get off work at normal time. I'll either have my afternoon hours free of kids, or I won't. Luckily if it doesn't work out, I can always go run tomorrow, as Saturdays are usually wide open and reserved as rest (or make-up day). Come to think of it, it might be better for me to start running on Sat & Sun (although they are usually reserved for family time, I could surely squeeze 30min in somewhere). I never considered it when running at the park b/c it is so packed with lil kids on bikes on weekends, that it becomes dangerous. But now that I don't run at the park........hmmm

I've been studying-up on Stronglifts5x5 and am trying to decide if I could attempt it at home, with DH's help, or if I'd absolutely need a gym. If the nearby gym has someone knowledgeable in that program, it'll be a no-brainer to at least start there with their help. Will have to decide soon.

HAVE A FANTABULOUS FRIDAY!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

I am up early and soon off to work for the day 8-5. One thing that I don't like about the time change is that when I do work now the after work runs are out of the question since it is dark. We live in a rural area and there are no sidewalks or streetlamps. Unless I take my stuff with me and run in town, I've done that before.
    Went to strength class last night, the class is shrinking in size....I sure hope she doesn't cancel it.

sherry - hope that you are able to fit in a run this weekend! So sorry about your cat, my cat has had issues too - actually had an eye removed a few years ago. He is doing well now though. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Tim - hope your rest day was restful and your knee might have benefited from it!

Laura - nice that you can go walking with a friend on your lunch break..and sounds like a good trainer session

Dale - I love swimming, but only seem to do it in the summer when I can go in the lake. I have gone to the Y a few times in the winter, but I live 30 minutes out of town and really don't like the drive. Hope your knee is better

Well, must be off....today just might be a rest day
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did my workout at the church this morning. Got there at 5:02 am and did a full hour. My bad knee keeps me from doing high impact so I walked the laps. After every lap I did somewhat modified pushups, mountain climber, or non-jumping jacks. Half way through my knee was screaming at me it hurt so bad so I had to slow down the walking and for a good chunk of the second half I had a limp but I was not going to quit. I made it through the full hour. You can see it at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-3PCGZ_c0m91rN7zn75aow if you are interested.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live rurally also and people are in the street all the time walking, running....I tell my husband some of them have a death wish. But the smart ones wear a light as a band wrapped around their head or reflectors. Or at least light clothing...I can't believe all the people out in the pitch black wearing black! Lol

I bought a good treadmill years ago and use it in the winter when the days are short and I don't want to go to gym.

I have a friend coming over today to cheer me on while I try to hang some Xmas lights. I know I am early but if I don't do it now the area, deck railing I want to put it on will be full of snow. My husband will set up little train I have around tree and my village but draws line at putting up lights so I haven't had any for many years.

So today while husband is gone out of town till midnight I thought I would try....I might need a brandy after.... :happy:

Forgot to say if we have time doing mini hike in hills with her...
  • timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello there everyone great to see that everyone is still here and working out daily! Today is another rest day for me. I was planning on hitting the gym and running this morning but that didn't workout so well I fell asleep and stayed asleep for like six and a half hours lol must have been tired...Its alright though I guess I have been more tired then I thought here lately the last two days been getting a lot of sleep. So tomorrow morning after work I plan on hitting the gym and running!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hi! Good to see everyone here on this lovely Friday.

Yeah, I grew up in a rural area, and there is NO way I'd run those country roads--truly a deathwish! Actually, I am so lucky now. I run in residential areas, but the sidewalk is often obstructed or broken--just enough to make it interesting. But since I didn't get to run today, THIS is where I'll be running tomorrow:
    areopagitou.jpg

Oh, I did, however, check out that gym today and the equipment and price is right. I went during my afternoon and it was practically deserted and the guy said that for that time of day, he could work with me! He also had pretty good English. So, just have to doublecheck with my husband and pick a day to get started! (And there's treadmills for rainy days.) :happy:

Have a great Friday!

(Tim, rest is so restorative. I've never in my life been ashamed of taking a nap. Good for you.
    Dale, working out so early, it's still dark out. I admire you guys who do that. I'd like to be a morning person someday, when the kids get older.
    Marla, have fun decorating!
    Maureen, if you see the writing on the wall, maybe ask the teacher if she'd do a free "bring a friend" day so everyone could bring a friend and try to hook some more folks on the class. It'd be awful if it closed.)
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    whoa, just noticed that the typo fairy visited this thread's title. oops.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Enjoyed reading everybody's posts! Sherry that sounds great about the gym! And Tim I'm more than a little jealous of your nap.

My rest day today. Hoping it will help me kick the last of my cold. I'm 80% there...just can't quite get over it totally.

We got a little snow here today and might get more overnight. Hoping the roads are okay because I really want to get out for a good run in the morning. I picked up a few warmer running clothes tonight so I'm set as long as there isn't snow/ice on the roads.