40, 5'2" 165lbs(short and chubby) wanting to lose 30 lbs

Options
Hi There,

Just started this week, my stats are in the subject line. I am looking for people of similar stats to keep each other motivated and learn from one another. I have not been a yo-yo dieter, in fact I don't believe I have ever changed my eating habits, hence this extra weight over the last 3-4 years.

I am a size 12, "inching' towards a size 14 and XL sizes in clothes shops, which for my height and bone structure makes me unhappy. I would like to get back to a size 9 (at the very least) and medium clothing, if it goes further than that, then great, but I do like food and the occasional beer so not to crazy about taking all fun stuff away and don't mind being a little overweight if it means I can still enjoy a slice of pizza now and again.. Anyone out there have a goal of about 30 lbs by June 2014.... at the latest? Oh and I am prepared for exercise!

Replies

• Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, 5'0" and 168 lbs with a goal of 35 lbs to lose... I am also a size 12 inching toward 14 and would like to get back to size 8-10 and medium .... Add me if you'd like! Good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • HEATHERACU73
    HEATHERACU73 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, 5'3". I started my diet 10/18/13 when I weight myself at 158 pounds. I decided it's time to start doing something about it. I'm down to 153 now and want to lose another 25 pounds.

Like you, I'm not looking to be gloriously fit, just a healthy weight so I can enjoy my beer and occasional burgers. I sent a friend request.

The more friends I have, the more I hold myself accountable because people can see my daily eating/exercise plan easily.:flowerforyou:
  • enuff_fluff
    enuff_fluff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and 185. Quit smoking then early menopause....good grief! Add me if you'd like, I just started MFP. Lotsa luck :)
  • charlottedawn72
    charlottedawn72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 5'1" 163 lbs..I just started back this week. Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, 5'1" and about 150 lbs right now and am just getting back into eating right and working out again.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    FUN SIZED here! ;o> I am 42, 5'2" currently 167 lbs and will reach my first "weight" goal in about 20 more pounds although my ultimate goal is to be healthy and fit, so who knows where that will be in the end...It's nice to see a handfull so close in size and goals! :flowerforyou:

Oh forgot to add that I recently cleaned out my closet and got rid of all my size 14s and am comfortably in my 12s with a few size 10s that fit! YAY! Working towards a comfortable 10 for now, however I do have one pair of size 8 Levi's that I would love to wear at some point, but I'm all about going LOW and SLOW!
  • josemanning
    josemanning Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would say 40 is the perfect age to make a change. I'm 40, 5'11" currently 239 lbs. and falling! I set up my goals in 10 lb. increments. That way my larger goal doesn't seem as daunting. I started in the 250s, then the 240's, and now I'm in the 230s!

Good luck! Please feel free to add me and maybe we can help eachother out!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I would say 40 is the perfect age to make a change. I'm 40, 5'11" currently 239 lbs. and falling! I set up my goals in 10 lb. increments. That way my larger goal doesn't seem as daunting. I started in the 250s, then the 240's, and now I'm in the 230s!

Good luck! Please feel free to add me and maybe we can help eachother out!

10 lb increments is probably wiser and I may start doing that myself! :smile:
    At this point, I will simply be happy to get to the lower half of the 160s...I seem to be jumping all around from 166 up to 172 and it's VERY frustrating! :grumble: it's been a couple months and I am not able to break the 166 lowest mark! :huh: But I'll keep on keeping on! and remember that "Patience is part of the process!"

(Edited to correct entering the wrong number.)