New Here

Options
Hello All,
I am new here but not necessarily new to Keto. I was paying to do low carb at the medi-weight loss clinic. It was super expensive and I got off of it. I did however lose a lot of weight quickly and I felt great and was never hungry. I am here to get back on it! Any advice for a newbie would be really helpful!!!

Bridget

Replies

• Flmommy1
    Flmommy1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This group does not seem very "active". I am a knewbee to keto but hope to find support here as well.
  • Flmommy1
    Flmommy1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    There is also a great website called reddit keto that I have found very helpful. Just be careful where you roam as there is some pretty racy stuff on the website.
  • Moveintothelight
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will check out the reddit site. I am trying to find my Medi info but it seems to be missing and I am looking for the food list that they had given me. I will see if I can find it!

bridget
  • nemohawk
    Options
    I'm fairly new here too. I have been doing the MFP for a couple of years, but just started keto three weeks ago. I go to reddit's r/keto at least once a day. It really helps me stay focused and stay motivated. I haven't cheated once in three weeks. I'll admit I came close on Halloween. I made sugar cookies for my wife and kids. I chewed one up, but realized what I was doing before swallowing it and managed to spit it in the trash. I still logged it though... My advice apart from cruising r/keto is to take it easy the first week or so. Just eat less than 20g carbs a day (and not all at once!) and don't worry too much about your calorie count. After about 2 weeks really focus on restricting your calories and staying in ketosis. After a month or two start focusing on all of the other things like trace elements and fat ratios. That seems to be the best for me. If i was going to start with all of the chemistry and stuff I think I would have got discouraged. Now it is like a fun hobby.