Weird side effect?

Options
sb4480
sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
Strangest thing, I went out to dinner tonight and ordered a vodka and soda. I had to send it back becausr it tasted like they gave me tonic instead of soda. Nope they didn't, my palate is just off from the low carb. It tasted sweet. Has this happened to anyone else?

Of course the flan tasted just fine :p

Replies

• moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    How long have you been low carb? I have been for about 6 months and YES I am much more sensitive to sweet tastes now and generally find them unpalatable, which is a wonderful side effect. I eat dark chocolate the darker the better and find 75% too sweet now. Actually hope it lasts as there is just no point in craving sugary things if they are going to taste yuk! :-))
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've also noticed my palate is less 'noisy' if that makes any sense at all :laugh:

In other words, I've very sensitive to tastes & find I can isolate tastes that used to not bother me but now, seem NOT to go well together.

When food is good, it's really good, but when things are even slightly out of balance, it's glaringly obvious to me :huh: Having never been a picky eater, I find this new found finickiness strangely amusing but definitely annoying at times:grumble:
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've been in ketosis for about 7 days, LC for 10. I ended up not being able to drink it. It was gross. So all in all I hardly drank any of it which likely helped keep my numbers down. Lol. Makes me feel less guilty about the flan.