Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
1422642_218693731587772_733404826_n.jpg

Replies

• timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone from my overseas deployment location! This morning I ran my normal 5k route and worked out my chest and triceps. A lower calorie burn only 662 in 93 minutes I think my HR moniter wasn't reading right durning my workout :mad: ...Oh well I guess the point is I made it into the gym today all rested up and ready to go after a two day break.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Nice workout Tim. I've heard that burns can go down due to adaptation, but I'm hoping it's not true :wink: . Do you suppose that's what's happening with you? Anyway, that was a great workout and great burn, so be proud and happy.

Unfortunately, 3/4 of the family woke up with a stomach virus today (me & the 2 kids). It's been a messy day and I've gone through half a can of disinfectant spray and that's all I'm going to say about that.

I hope you all have a great Saturday.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    oops, forgot to say, I love today's thought-of-the-day. I need to remember to add a little meditation & creative visualization to my routine.
  • timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @FromHereOnOut - Maybe that is the case but sometimes I don't get my HR monitor set right around my chest so it misreads my HR during my workout or run. I think that is what happened this morning...Ah not frustrated at all its just kind of annoying sometimes but eh no big deal...Sorry to hear you and part of your family is sick that's not fun at all! I hope everyone gets feeling better here real soon...
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    @Sherry I'm sorry to hear that! And here I was hoping you were going to start feeling healthy again from your cold.

@Tim that's frustrating. You know you got the workout anyway, but it's always nice to see those results if only to compare with what your other workouts have been. The biggest glitch I've seen with mine is that it doesn't always kick in right away - when I pull up the graph online to see the details it will show my HR as 0 for whatever number of minutes and suddenly it spikes up because I'm already into my workout. But that messes up my calorie burn.

My morning workout today was a 5 mile run. Roads were a little icy in spots from the snow we got yesterday, and it was certainly brisk out, but after being sick the past week it felt amazing to be outside and moving. Okay the first mile & a half hurt but after that the rest felt good. My 5th mile was my fastest by a pretty good margin.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Sherry hope you and family heal quick.

I went to nia class at gym this morning, we are having a extra melt training which is small tiny exercises for hands and feet, tomorrow. And a extra nia class after so that is great.

I had a food melt down yesterday that started because I didn't want to offend friend who brought over small bowl of brownies and left at my house....I planned to throw away after she left...yeah right! :laugh:

It went downhill from there eating the whole bowl about 6 brownies and extra dinner, it like created a binge...

I was feeling bad for friend because she didn't get my message to cancel get together and drove all the way to my house. I live rurally and she lives over 30 min away at a lake so it was like a wasted hour of driving for her, so I felt like saying on top of that I am dieting and no thank you to what you brought me...anyway it all went wrong.

My husband was gone he has a part time job for taxi and shuttle service, he took local football team ver 3 hrs away and didn't get home till 3am. So I was alone with chocolate! Lol

I guess I have to learn how to handle stuff like that...

Ok that's my vent :sad: , today's a new day and all that...:smile:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Marla those situations are tough. I have a hard time with portion control when stuff is in my house. If it's not here it's okay but hard to deal with when somebody else brings it over. All you can do is shake it off and start fresh, and try to think of strategies to avoid it in the future. Like throw the brownies in the freezer & pull them out when you're going somewhere they will get eaten. Hopefully out of sight/out of mind.

Workout #2 today was 30 minutes on the bike at the gym. Used my HRM and was pleasantly surprised to see my HRM, the bike & MFP were all super close on calorie estimates (within a 10 calorie range). It was nice to have the HRM on though because I could see fairly early on my HR was only 112 so I bumped up resistance on the bike and that moved me to the 135 range. Since I ran this morning I wasn't going for a huge burn -- this was more about my trainer keeping me busy so I wasn't sitting on the couch snacking.
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I am finally going for x-rays for my knees. The Dr. thinks maybe early onset osteo (sp?) arthritis. So, it is not easy to workout but on Saturday I went to a city pool for lane swim. It was the first time in probably 4 or 5 years that I have swam and wow did it ever kill me. I forgot how good of a workout it was. I was planning on about 45 minutes of it and managed only 20. After that I hopped on the bike in the fitness area and rode about 4 miles (20 minutes).

After this workout my knee of course was really sore but ever since my calf muscle on the same leg has been extremely tight and sore. I have tried a heat rub, cold rub and have been taking Ibuprofen for my knee so I am not sure how to stop my calf from being so tight and sore.
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your families poor health and I hope things get a lot better really soon!