April 2014 Babies

Options

Replies

• jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm due with my second April 9. My first was born at 26 weeks though. Hoping to bake this one longer.
  • SneakyBat
    SneakyBat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yup, EDD of April 15th here..almost 20 years after my daughter was born. I must be bonkers.
  • tessari1800
    Options
    Hi! April 4th here. This will be our second baby, I have a 2 year old.
    Just started logging today to keep my weight gain under control. I reached my goal weight using MFP in April and stayed there until the day I found out I was pregnant (July 26). I lost 4 pounds by week 9 but now the morning sickness is better and I have gained 10 pounds at 16 weeks! Yikes! Hope using MFP again will help keep the gain under control. Feel free to friend me : )
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    We're going to buy the babies crib and nursing chair tomorrow but today in the shopping center I found the most adorable nursery item in the world. I was too short to see the price tag on it but my husband has already agreed if it's not more than $325 then we can get it. I can't stand the cuteness of it! Anyone else found things they just "need" for their nursery?
    2i8j30i.jpg
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am due April 19th I have successfully used MFP to lose weight and keep it down for 4 years. I am hoping for a healthy pregnancy weightgain. I gained 60 with my daughter and son, my goal is probably half of that. I also had Gestational Diabetes with my last. I am hoping that with good eating habits and moving that I can avoid getting it again. Feel free to add me as a friend.:smile:
  • sw1498
    sw1498 Posts: 13
    Options
    So have you all now added an extra 200 calories a day as we're in the second trimester?I have and the gain has started and it's doing my head in a bit!
  • BunBun85
    Options
    I haven't added in any extra calories. I talked to my doctor about it and we decided that it was fine for me to eat between -25%, 1628 and my TDEE 2176 and the baby and I would be fine. I like to aim for my sweet spot but have been more hungry lately so it's been more like 1700-1750. I'm counting myself lucky that 16 weeks I still haven't gained anything but it is a little mind warping to see my uterus pushing out and the scale not going up.
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We are having our first baby due on April 19th!!!

Glad to see everyone else in here who are having April babies!!
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So have you all now added an extra 200 calories a day as we're in the second trimester?I have and the gain has started and it's doing my head in a bit!

I did and am FINALLY gaining, but not because of adding the calories! I still struggle with eating enough at 16 weeks, so right now Im happy if I am anywhere in the ball park of what maintenance was before those 200, they just give me wiggle room should I happen to be able to eat that much one day.

I am still -3lbs pre-pregnancy weight. but that's up 4 from where I was 2 weeks ago.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories to maintenance around week 7, now at 14 weeks I'm up 6 pounds! During my next appointment my midwife and I are going to have a serious discussion about weight.. 6 pounds is a bit more than I'm comfortable with. but I'm dreaming of the perfect 20 pound weight gain pregnancy.. After seeing the scale up to 8 pounds last week I definitely got a wake up call and started eating better and cutting out some of this junk.

It's really hard to keep track of my actual weight.. I weigh in everyday and in one day I was down 2.2 pounds!!! I blame the fluid retention and decreased bowel function! :laugh:

In other news, my EDD was adjusted to May 1st.. but I'm going to stick around here anyway.
  • BunBun85
    Options
    17 weeks today! Exactly one week until our anatomy scan and finding out the sex of the baby. Has anyone else already found out? When is your appt to see if you haven't had one yet? My husband and I are over the moon about it. We've already picked out our names. Has anyone else decided on names yet?
  • rfrobertson
    rfrobertson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    17 weeks today! Exactly one week until our anatomy scan and finding out the sex of the baby. Has anyone else already found out? When is your appt to see if you haven't had one yet? My husband and I are over the moon about it. We've already picked out our names. Has anyone else decided on names yet?

My EDD is April 14th and we found out at 15 1/2 weeks that IT'S A BOY! The scan wasn't done by my doctor but we paid for a ultrasound at a gender reveal place where they make ultrasound DVD's and print you tons of pictures, it was super nice! I had a drs appt this week and they also confirmed that it's a BOY! Still deciding on names, I love Cruz and Cohen but hubby hasn't decided which one he likes best yet. :)
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have my 20 week sonogram set up for the Monday before Thanksgiving. However we will not be finding out the sex of the baby. We are going to let it be a surprise. Not enough of those left in life today :)
  • LaurenBraddy
    LaurenBraddy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've got an April 14, 2014 (4-14-14) due date, and new to this group/forum/thread! We are scheduled for our "gender reveal" sonogram on Nov. 25th and the suspense is killing me! I'm currently right at 16 weeks along, and have yet to have any weight gain, which my doctor is not thrilled about. I'm working to keep my calories up and am continuing to eat healthy (with some craving induced wagon falls), but I'm not really sure what to do to start gearing up weight wise. Anyone else in the same boat?
  • JulieVermeulen
    JulieVermeulen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My EDD is 4-10-2014 with baby #2. I am up 5 lbs already but have been exercising less and definitely eating differently than pre-pregnancy. I gained 25 lbs with my first and hope to stay in the same range this time around!
  • BunBun85
    Options
    I finally finished my cross stitch project of our last name to hang over the inside of the baby's nursery door. I'm so glad I got it done before the anatomy scan on Thursday. I'm going to need these 22 weeks, hopefully, to complete the baby's coming home outfit. http://knitting.about.com/od/patternsforbabies/ss/aran-baby-bodysuit.htm Anyone else doing handicrafts for their bundle?

rfrobertson, I love the name Cohen, so adorable!

LaurenBraddy, I'm almost 18 weeks with no weight gain but my doctor and I had discussed it and she agreed I could continue to eat a deficit during the first trimester. I meet with my nutritionist during my anatomy scan so she can advise me if anything needs to change based on baby's growth.
  • LaurenBraddy
    LaurenBraddy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's good. My next appointment is a week from today, so I figure I'll just pick my doctor's brain. Congrats on your cross stitching!
  • clowmow
    clowmow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Due #2 on the 7th April! Going so much faster this time around with a 3 year old to keep me occupied!
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    How are we doing ladies?

At 18 weeks I am still off and on sick, but adding being dizzy most of the time to that has made exercise extremely difficult. (Any suggestions?) and still having trouble getting enough calories, although I have FINALLY started to gain instead of lose weight... As of yesterday I am officially at my pre-pregnancy weight...as much as I know (and am trying) to get enough calories...now that I am not losing and know the numbers will start to go up...I'm a little unsure about how I feel about it, its going to be weird to see numbers on that scale that I haven't had to face in years.
  • clowmow
    clowmow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    toothpastechi-

I popped to the doctors last week as I kept having dizzy spells where I would be stood up and would suddenly start seeing stars and getting weak.
    She checked my Blood Pressure and said it was a little low which is probably causing it.
    She said a lot of it (including headaches) is probably caused by lack of fluid too, said I should be drinking even more when pregnant and to be honest I hadn't upped it before she said.